my daughter had the cyst turn into a tumor and had the surgery to remove the tumor
the pineal cyst/tumor may be on the optic nerve and this could cause trouble with your eyesight
my daughter had severe migraines and because the tumor was near or attached to the optic nerve
which is common her choice was to have the surgery you will probably have it removed when the
pain is too great

OMG.
12YRS OF HD PRSS W vomiting DAILY. MRI SHOWD 2cm BENIGN, WORSSENING OVER TIME.
I HAVE GMAL SZs, WEAKNESS, EXHAUSTED, SKULL FRACTURE, TIAs,
SPEECH, MEMORY-

Hi I'm 22. I've had migraines for the last 9 years and I had a CT scan done 5 years ago but no abnormalities were seen. However this year the migraines got so bad I had an MRI done. I have 2 cysts and more symptoms than ever. Vomiting, nausea, migraines, pain in my elbows and knees, pins and needles, head pressure as well as cysts in my uterus. for the pressure I use 250mg diamox.. Hope I helped.

How do you control this?

Some surgeons who remove these are Dr. Sunil Patel at MUSC in Charleston. Dr. Dong Kim in Houston, Dr. Codd at DUKE and Dr. Sugrhue in Oklahoma just to name a few. Stay away from Skull Base in LA.

Please be careful and get post op care, complications can arise after surgery, Dr. Kim is very caring but you need to know the risks after surgery.

I have a 13 mm pineal cyst and I went to Duke in 2014 to see Dr Adamson who believed the cyst was not the issue. I have been out of work for 6 years now suffering.The two drs you mention Dr Patel MUSC and Dr Codd Duke do you know if they actually believe that pineal cysts are symptomatic and recommend surgery.

I have a question. My doc told me the I shouldn’t be having headaches from my pineal cyst. ????? So is she full of it. Because my head kills 75-80% of the time. Just curious. Headaches abs pineal gland cyst?????

My pineal cyst is 6mm, numerous intermittent migraines where it pounds like a heart beat then stops after about 15 seconds. It is very painful even after when it feels like i was hit with a bat. Sleep...is overrated, what sleep? That sucks. Losing hearing in rt ear. My ENT and Nurologist both say my cyst isn't causing my symptoms. SO WHAT THE HELL IS? I hate being a guinea pig but right now, that is my option.

Why do you recommend staying away from the Skull Base in LA?

Your cyst can certainly cause these symptoms. Join support groups on FB and get the real information. Find a different Neurologist. This is the biggest complaint from people with pineal cyst, that their doctors don't recognize them as a problem. Everyone has the same symptoms so the cyst IS causing problems.

Yes, they believe. As well as Dr Dong Kim in Houston.