February 9th I had a via laparoscopy for my appendix as well. It is now March 17. An hour later I had extreme pain in my shoulder and neck. They told me it was just gas and I had to walk. About a few days later the pain went away. When I went to my follow up I had no pain at all anywhere Dr told me I healed better than expected. 2 days later the pain began,but it wasn't in my stomach it was in my lower back. Ive been vomiting bile every morning only able to drink fluids the smell of food makes me sick to my stomach. I haven't eaten a actual mean in almost 2 weeks. I was 169 before surgery now I'm 160. I have no swelling of the belly but I am burping like crazy! I haven't had a bowel movement in a week I even tried stool softener. I've been back and forth to the emergency and I'm getting no answers since our stories are somewhat similar maybe I'll get an answer here

Hi Soph... I'm sorry you are going through pains, the bad news is I'm going through similar thing... I had an appendectomy 2years ago and I'm yet to get better, it hurts so bad that I can hardly walk or stand right. I wish I didn't go for the surgery. I'm tired of taking pain killers. Someone please help me

Soph, have you had any developments since this post? This is exactly me. I got my appendix out in November of 2017 and have these same issues. I was such a healthy individual until my appendectomy and since then it’s been down hill. I’m worried I’m missing something else and have more going on.

My son is 15 and havIng same issues..i need advise now!!

Had my appendix out when I was 12. Dealth with “backpain” lactose intolerance and other diestivd issues for years. I dealt with this off and on for a decade. Worrying about my spine when I ended up finding out that everything is fixed with probiotics, CBD Kombucha and while some might be scared of Kratom it really helps if you have an opioid dependence from pain or surgery which becomes common and eventually you will be treated like a burden by the healthcare system. I have found that I can use the probiotics for the most part and I use kombucha with infused CBD when my intensities swell up from eating foods I am now unable to digest. Do some research on Kratom, you get a similar euphoric feeling and pain relief without the cravings that come from medications such as oxycodone or hydrocodone. I would look up Arizona Kratom and order online if you are considering because it is no different than drinking tea or coffee but helped me completely remove myself from a dependence on narcotics. I am not someone who ever likes to be reliant on another person, the government or especially someone who is just doing their job. At age 29 now I might be young but I finally have this figured out.

My symptoms were pretty much as follows:
Constiption that requires copious amount of water and exercise to move.
Minor bowel impactions from years of constiption that make you feel as though you cannot evacuate.
Malaise when diarrhea or constiption occurs
Gas
Acid reflux
I would also get coming and going sharp pains that would result in diarrhea moving hard stool out. It would always hurt more when the stool was sitting around where the surgery happened.

I firmly believe the appendix has a lot to do with healthy digestion and wish mine never would have ruptured.

Either way, I didn’t figure this out until after years of back procedures and scans until I got so sick from vomiting and diarrhea that I went to a urgent care clinic. the doctors told me try pepto bismal and gave me narcotics/anti biotics. I was very upset and went home and did some research and figured I would give probiotics a chance. My wife’s family is Asia and her grandfather suggested that we try this plant Kratom. I was hesitant due to what I had read in news articles but I’m a science major and I did my research to find that it is completely sensationalized and really just made illegal for money reasons. I used Kratom as an opioid substitute when I could tolerate it and aster about a week I just started to forget about my gut and the “back” pain and now I’m moving forward.

Opiods have a huge stigma around them in this day and age and I was glad to leave them in the dust. If anyone has ever had to sign a pain management contract they know how difficult it can be to live that lifestyle. Everything revolves around doctors and visits and making sure you fit into their schedules. Leaving little time to live your life and function.
After using Kratom for a few months off and on (mostly when I forget to take pro biotics consistently, eat homemade sourkraut or drink kombucha) I never noticed dependence or withdrawal and my body felt great. Probably the best part is that it is a fiber and will help solidify your stools in the same way Metamucil would.

Hope this helps. Tried to share as much experience as I could because trust me. If I could go back in time and change one thing, it would be to just give myself some better information.

All of the things I mentioned above are completely legal in WA state. So give it a shot. I wish I could have found this out sooner but my pride and faith in the medical system that I worked/volunteered in for many years, along with social stigma of Kratom/CBD/Probiotics, kept me locked in place for way too long.

Hope this helps, I would try the pro biotics first and then work your way up to the others if you have any of the same issues I did.

I had the same thing and mine had cancerous cells on it but they got it out before it could form a tumer but pathologist wanted the surgeon to do another surgery to make sure it didn't spread anywhere else but surgeon said he thinks I'll be fine and to go to hospital for any abdominal pain and to get them to contact him so I'm going back to Dr now because something isn't right so y'all need to get second opinions on y'all's !!

You're going to do things that make digestion easier than ever because they made it even harder when removing your digestive organs. Water, enough daily, movement, hard actual running sometimes, and foods. Non dairy gluten free vegan with green fiber live foods, soft fruit for mucilage. Or raw vegan. If you stick with protien questions you will be so far behind, you have to use your common sense and track your outcomes with each meal you eat. 200 fibers making up meat or a cooked vegetable with soluble fiber, which is easier to digest? Either use common sense or track your outcomes to substitute when you don't know. Adding fibrous food to rice/gluten free grains helps digest it, like vegetables. Limit fat because it is harder to digest, this means carbs and frequent meals. No eating out unless you're willing to be sick. Separate digestion for water and food. I don't like sharing this. You've just been so screwed that I felt sorry for you.