I just had a kidney stone removed I was in so much pain was in emergency room had the stone removed had a stent put in when they took stent out I was fine for about a half an hour, I attempted to go to work and got such a pain in my back almost couldn’t walk I drive myself back to hospital the pain was worse then the stone I had spasms I thought I would die the pain was so bad spent the day back in hospital and still have spasms that are horrible

Horrible pain!!!!! Too me 39days to recover.

Just had a 9mm kidney stone removed yesterday via uteroscopy and laser lithotripsy and a stent was placed afterwards. Immediately after the procedure I woke up with a need to urinate and asked the nurse for a urinal. Upon attempting to urinate I felt the worse pain if my life and noticed my pee was blood red. I asked for more pain medication and was given fentanyl through an IV. After spending another hour in post operative care, I again had an urgency to pee. Again, I felt the worse imaginable pain one can experience. I hate the fact that my doctor and nurses downplayed the amount of pain I was going to be in. I was discharged from the hospital but have been miserable since. The only comfort I get is by laying down and applying a warm towel on my abdomen. Each and every time i have gone to pee, it has been extremely painful. No joke, I now fear the next time I have to pee because I know I will be in excruciating pain. None of the Vicodin they gave me has helped and I only hope the days go by fast so that I can be fine with this ordeal. Oh, and I have been constipated from all the medications that I have not pooped in over 24 hours. I feel for everyone who is experiencing this and hope that we get through it as soon as possible. Kidney stones Suck!

Hi Andrew. Back in December 2017 o had a session of lithotripsy to break up a 11mm stone laying just at the top of myour urethra tube. 4 days after I was in acute pain 12/10. I was admitted on hospital and the day after I had a jo stent put in. This was in for 2 months. It was a bit uncomfortable until Mid February when I was experiencing a lot of discomfort and it felt as though the stent had slipped. I was down for surgery in March. But I was so lucky to get a cancellation for my operation and had it done end of February. They tempted the stone and debris from my tube but they also found 1 large and 1 small further stones on my kidney !!!!!! I am now stent and stone free. I still get a bit if dull kidney ache but this is quite common for a few weeks. I wish you well with your recovery

Had one lasered yesterday, your first paragraph is spot on!

I've read all the post's and glad everyone had mild to moderate pain. That was NOT the case for my husband. The pain immediately after recovery was horrifying. He is strong, and can handle a lot of pain but this was the worst that even the nurses had never seen. He was thrashing about, moaning, screaming, throwing up for hours. They first tried 2 Precocet pills. Really?! Said we had to wait to see if that would work. Never seen a human in such agony. Then finally Tramadol shot and morphine. This got him down to a slow moan but not pain free. This lasted maybe 20 min and then it's back with a vengeance. He was praying to die, I'm having nervous breakdown. They give him bladder spasm pills and Bela Dona suppository. Still no help. 3 hours have gone by and they tell me I have to take him home, there is nothing else they can give him. WHAT?! Made them get Dr on phone. Convinced her to admit to hosp. Then was given Dulaudid and Toradol shots every 2 hrs. Finally some relief. Hope no one has to ever experience this. Still traumatized. Bladder or ureter spasms they called it. Now waiting 4 days for stent removal. Praying it won't be so bad.

Oh god poor guy! I feel his pain!
I had my surgery 2days ago, they didn’t tell me I was goin to be in this much pain! I have 3 children to look after they said this would b the most pain free way to look after kids! They lied! I have a stent. I done nothing but be sick, I couldn’t take no pain relief because of the sickness. I would have much rather kept the pain from the kidney stone then go through this. I would give birth to 10 babies one after the other instead of this pain! I am not a pain relief type of person, but this has definitely got me! I can’t bare going but for a wee! Not looking forward to the stent removal in 2 weeks. Feel bad for my babies having to see me suffer.

Just had mine done yesterday and im in horrible pain they say it can take up to sick weeks to heal

Please have your daughter tested for primary hyperoxaluria. See https://ohf.org it's what my son has. If she has it she should be on pyridoxine and potassium citrate, plus drinking 3+ litres of water per day.

I’ve been having bad pain in my kidney and pelvic area I’m two days post Op. I was told to go to the hospital but I don’t want to go just for temp relief... my dr said I shouldn’t be in any pain is that a red flag??? I’m young and a mom I don’t wanna go back just for pain relief unless it can be dangerous

I have had surgery and the pain after has been terrible I only pee a little at a time and then all of a sudden it comes out fast then the pain seems to go away for awhile and returns about 7hrs. Later and starts over again. This has been going on for 3 weeks now.

How long did it take for the Chanca Piedra to start working? Someone recommended the same and I’ve been taking it for three days and see no difference.
I had a stent placed initially because they couldn’t remove the stone due to severe kidney infection. In less than a week they removed it and did chock waves. I was passing small fragments after that with some blood clots and pain. Five days later went back to the ER with severe pain. This time they did the laser removal surgery and doctor said he was able to get it out. It’s been a week since and the pain and nausea are just getting worse. All the urologist tells me is that if tbe pain gets unbearable to go to the ER. Pain meds are not helping- they gave me Percocet and then changed it to Toradol but none of them are doing anything :( I’m very stressed because I’m missing work and I don’t even have an answer when they ask me for how long I will be out... any advice will be appreciated.

Hi.. once i was also suffering from kidney stone of size 4mm and 6mm. i visited to doctor and doctor suggested me to go for the operation, It was laser operation for stone removal which was very simple and without any pain. so there is nothing to worry about. Good Luck

Amen, heard this....same here 60 years old. Had a 5mm stone, wouldn't pass. The surgery was nothing asleep for whole thing. But, 5 hrs later back in ER with the worst pain of my life, screaming for help. I had no stint put in after surgery. Could not take the pain meds, due to sick from anesthesia. Had to be given morphine and oxy to even contain the pain. This surgery is not a option for me from now on.

How did it go ? Did it hurt when u peed ? And for how long I am having my laser surgery next week