So good to read these reviews ive had mirena nearly 5yrs last 4 months bloating shocking look very pregnant at 51 !!! cant wait to have it removed.

Had mine removed 2 weeks ago after about 3 years. My whole body feels like it’s giving a huge sigh of relief. Bloating is decreasing, some facial skin inflammation seems to be working itself out, and my bowel movements have been much more regular and easy! I am swearing off taking any hormones from here on out - simply not worth it to me. I feel like I was very misled and misguided in ever inserting Mirena.

Definitely not alone...I'm having these issues as well ,plus some,but I thought it was all normal...until tonight. What makes me mad is I have complained to my doctor about these side effects I keep getting and she just brushes it off as being normal :(

I had the Mirena inserted 10 days ago and I’m still bloated like I look 2 months pregnant and my nipples hurt!!! I’m scared to death I made a mistake!

Writing this response April of 2018...I had my mirena removed today!!! I was on a 6th year because last year (the 5th yr) I was told it was extended for another year so I kept it. I will never get mirena again EVERRRR! When I first got it, I was super tiny around 135 and I'm about 5'7. The first two years were fine and then somewhere around the 3rd year, things took a turn for the worse! I gained about 50lbs :(((( and when I'd work out and count calories, I'd lose but would gain it right back after a couple of weeks. It was very strange to me because I never had an issue with losing weight. Then it came to the point where I was only losing 1 or 2 lbs a month. Whaaaat?! I was eating 1200 calories a day and burning 600 of those at the gym faithfully for a month straight. That was insane to me. Other than weight gain, I was a major wart, I mean literally stressing over everything. It gave me lots of acne and facial hair like you wouldn't believe. It's only been a day so obviously I haven't seen results yet, but I will say I feel very relieved!!! I'm excited to see where my weight goes from here and if I become myself again. I'll update in a couple of months :)))

To "bamerican" & all. I will definitely be Praying for you & all on here. I'm 38 & had the mirena put in last September, b/c I have endometriosis & my ob & I we're hoping it would help w/ the bleeding & pain. I've had all the symptoms mentioned here & they're getting worse. The pelvic pain, back pain, depression, horrible mood swings, bloated stomach, weight gain (40+ lbs in 7 horrible months) constipation, horrible migraine's, constant vaginitis (& I've never had an abnormal pap)... Ever & I've been treated for it 3+ times now & am actually heading back there tomorrow or Tues b/c I have vaginitis yet again. The bleeding has not stopped either. After reading this I feel even more confident about getting this thing OUT!! I can't take it anymore. Prayers for all, & hope this helped.

Hello. I’m currently going through all the same things you did. How are you doing now?

I had my first Mirena in just 3 weeks ago. Those 3 weeks were horrible . Mood swings & back pain but worst was the severe constipation . I felt like my bowel had shut down. Nothing worked not even laxatives . I had to strain so hard even to pass wind . I couldn't stand it . I hardly passed anything over 3 weeks. I felt so ill and was in so much pain . I couldn't sleep . After reading these posts, I came to the realisation that this was being caused by the Mirena . My gyno was not convinced that it was the mirena this quickly but I am . It only is 2 days since removal and I'm feeling less bloated have less pain and the bowel is returning to normal .

Oh my god. Ive had mine in a little less than a year and I have bloated, mood swings, I started getting severe migraines, I'm so constipated I cry, I feel like I'm contracting and I'm not pregnant. I'm getting mine out Monday. I'm miserable.

Hi!!! I had to take out the mirena 4 weeks ago after 2 years because I found out that I had a bening tumor in the liver. The doctors told me that it could be related to the mirena, so I decided to take it out. With regards to the symptoms, I got really bad mood swings with the mirena, cramps and was bloated all the time, I even had a little low belly I was really upset because I'm skinny, eat super healthy and exercised a lot and the belly was still there. I suffered from IBS but the mirena made it worse. Now, my lower belly is back to normal and the IBS symptoms are more controlled.