My younger sister is suffering from what now seems to ne celiac disease and she has been diagnosed with autism when she was 5. We are now waiting to get a definite test to confirm the celiac disease, but so far, things do seem better when she is on non-gluten diet. One interesting piece of information I found says that despite lactose, raw milk and raw milk kefir might also be very helpful in fighting autoimmune diseases, naming both autistic disorders as well as celiac. The author, in short, says that processed foods – especially pasteurized milk in this case, might be indigestible and can cause various toxins that trigger the autoimmune response to get into the bloodstream. She then recommends raw milk and sauerkraut as natural sources of B12 and digestive enzymes, but what worries me though is – how safe – or unsafe – it might be to drink raw milk?

As far as the gluten-free diet is concerned, even more so if the tests show your sister has the celiac disease or is gluten intolerant, it's really great that it helps her overall health and behavior. However, as far as the raw milk is concerned, there definitely are some important safety concerns to take into account. Pasteurization is done mainly to kill the bacteria - the milk just gets heated below the boiling point. The bacteria that can be present in raw milk and any products made from it are pretty dangerous, including Salmonella, E. coli, and Listeria. Even if hygiene levels at the dairy farm are the best, there really is no way of knowing will the milk contain these or won't - and chances are far bigger they will. Lactose is present in either pasteurized or non-pasteurized milk, so there is no reason to choose one over the other on that account.

Hi! Sorry about your sister. In my opinion everyone is allergic or sensitive to the protein - GLUTEN and we just can't digest it. Causes burrowing in the stomach/intestinal lining and shows up in our blood after wreaking havoc and causing allergic symptoms! I have the sensitivity in my family.

We bought a cow. *rather shares of the cow. Make sure you know the farmers. Make sure he tests those batches and keeps his cows behinds CLEAN and then CLEAN some more *ours used Iodine to clean up her butt :). Tastes different in the winter sometimes since the grass is hidden and they feed her other greens. I have purchased frozen goat milk from pet food stores, thawed and mixed with berries and stevia for smoothies.
Processed food is just plain junk. No vitamins. No minerals. Nothing but sugar. Get rid of sugar, too. I am not kidding. There is raw kraut and I love it. Try Kimchi too from Rejuvenative Foods. I think that there is a site online.

Take it slow at first. Try a little here and there. Remember, the cow isto be CLEAN and milk batches TESTED and you can SEE them.

I read the post from the person who bashed raw milk, stating how unsafe it is with salmonella, listeria, e coli, blah blah blah. Well, people practically every day on the news there are outbreaks of the above in supermarket products and recalls, recalls, recalls. The benefits of raw milk coming from a clean wholesome environment of grass fed, happy, cows is clear. I am 62 years old, grew up on a farm drinking raw milk and eating wonderful homemade butter. I still drink raw milk and to this day am on NO medications of any kind. I am active, happy and probably should eat healthier. But, raw milk, natural supplements go a long way to a good life.