Come on now !!!! We might have long necks but we are not geese!!

In reply to Guest 3/13/14 3:48 AM... "So my question is this, for those of you who are open with discussing sexuality with your children, do you find anything wrong with letting them know it's okay to do in front of you (a parent) but no one else?" That's my plan exactly. Have no children yet but I plan to be totally open minded with sexuality. I guess this should be ok as long as the child feels comfortable with it, although I'm pretty sure most people would find it strange or even kind of "perverted". The most important thing is that you are the parent, it's up to you to decide what rules you apply to your family. Without implying that you can do whatever you want (even if it's against the law), it's basically none of other people's business how you handle subjects like that within your family. Just do what you think is right and always try to avoid causing any kind of (mental or physical) damage to your children - it's as simple as that, although we all know it's not that easy in real life. Anyway, I don't really find any major difference between just letting the child to masturbate or letting them to do it in front of parents. From the child's point of view, there is a big difference, though, as the two have different messages. The first one means something like "what I do is bad and I can do it only when I'm alone" while the other means something like "my parents let me doing it so it shouldn't be a bad thing". I might be wrong with this but if it works like that, I'd clearly vote for the latter option to make the child comfortable with masturbation.

Wow nobody responded to this in a year? no need for shame. The second time i ever had sex was with a virgin who told me she had her first orgasm when she was 5 and i thought it was cool. She was actually the first girl I got intimate with without wearing a condom. Feeling it was safe because she was a virgin. And she was my first sexual relationship. Never did she or I ever think that detail about her was a bad thing. in fact i was jealous because Guys really cant orgasm that early because they don't produce seamen. I got off for the first time when i was 14. Think of the years i missed out on! Don't let it get you down just because it may be considered taboo. Sorry i'm not another person who had this experience. But there are lots!

Hi...my daughter is 2yrs old and she has been doing this since she was 10 months..exactly how you describe it...i asked her doctor and said that it was normal...i have been searching the web too for a solution and found that they will pass this stage after being potty trained..it could be very enbarassing at times i wish the docs found a solution for this i dont think it s healthy for girls this young to be doing that.

Its not wrong, but just so you know , masturbation is a sexual act. yeah it feels good, and that's why anyone does it at any age. 

I am a Mom and my daughter did the same thing. I went t other doctor and he said "Sarah go get your daughter a thong they make them for babies it will make it harder to sexually stimulate her as a baby" I was also told when she gets about nine or ten get her sex toys that way she won't have to rely on boys.

i think it is very appropriate to be with the child when they master bate. I know that most adults think that this is being sick.
I disagree. I think that it would be sick to allow their children to be forced to masterbate in their bedroom alone without showing them how pleasurable it can be.

I did the same thing since I was 6 months old and I still do it today at 35. Your grand daughter is experiencing an orgasm. Why or how, I don't know. I just knew it felt good so I did it, and I was never sexually abused.

My parents scolded me and I started hiding it. I don't know if that damaged me at all, by making it seem shameful.

I am 19 years old. My parents always joke about how when I was a baby I would always be on my stomach just rocking back & forth & then I would be asleep. The funny thing is, I still do this. I have always done it. When I was little I can remember being ashamed of it & thinking it wasn't okay. Today I realize that I do it for pleasure. I will do this and fall right to sleep. I have never told anyone about this until today because I still find it odd that I would do this when I was an infant. I hardly see any post on this topic, and when I do, everyone is saying"don't put a sexual label on it quite yet" but that's what mine was and still is.

Hope this helped!

My twin boys at 2 months would get erections when their momma would lay them on her chest to nurse. Only Samuel will do it but he humps her till he actually orgasms. A couple times he's actually ejaculated on her. My daughter is four and she humps and grinds EVERYTHING even my leg, my lap, other ppls and again humps and grinds my wife at breast time till she pees everywhere so I just lay on her stomach on the carpet and let her go!!!!! I really hope she tones it down so more people can hold her. All kids Do masturbate and all kids have the ability to orgasm.

Wow, I am 28 yo now but just remembered about this happening to me when I was a child. I don't really remember much of my childhood, but I do have a flash memory of myself in nursery waiting for my grandma and continuously touching myself, and then a few episodes growing up. I remember my family making me feel extremely guilty about it but I had no idea what I was doing. As everyone else says, it was uncontrollable. For me, however, it went on until I was 8 or 9 years old, so it entered an age where it started being very uncomfortable. I remember doing it under my desk at school, in my bed while away with my classmates and sharing a room, in my parent's bedroom... oh my god such horrible memories!

Activist
I see this thread has gone on for a long time. I only saw it now for the first time. It would be great if some of you can follow my threads about my youngest son. I think many of you will be able to help me think about my situation and help me to guide my son along his path.
It has been a real struggle to guide him when it comes to his sexuality.

I wouldn't do sh*t just let her do her thing she will grow out of it if you go bringing this to the attention of doctors they will report this to child protective services and they will take your baby on grounds of sexual abuse DO NOT TAKE HER TO DOCTOR AND TELL THEM!!! WE DO NOT LIVE IN A FREE COUNTRY! they will make a lot of money taking your baby and selling her to some rich people that will rape her and at the sametime make a fortune off throwing you in prison where they will beat and rape you daily for been a child molester don't do it!