Dear all I perfectly understand these excruciating pain in the inner thighs. I have experienced these quite a few times.i also get cramps like muscle pull at other sites ,like legs stomach, though the inner thighs ones are 100 times more painful than others. Then a friend gave a solution which I have used while experiencing pain in my legs or stomach with immediate relief. It takes a little more time with inner thighs ,yet here also it reduces the pain faster when combined with placing heat pads and application of muscle relaxants. When the pain starts rub repetedly with ones fingers on the swollen bulb under the ears. You will experience immediate relief and pain stops miraculously.Pls try next time and let me know your feedback.
Mariam.

I have had this happen to me, it's like a SEVERE 'quivering' pain that starts when I wake up, in left or right inner thigh, but lately it's been DOUBLE the pain (like one leg pain wasn't enough) It's so bad that I can't walk, or move! I have literally peed right there where I was cause I couldn't walk to the bathroom, my 5 year old daughter has been frightened & cried when she heard me 'screaming' in agony. There have been mornings she was an hour late for school because I can't move for the duration of the pain, and trying to walk too soon after I think it's gone, will just make the pain & muscle cramping/spasms/quivers start all over again. Have to walk very carefully on my heels for awhile, and even then I feel like all of my energy is zapped and my inner thighs are so sore for the rest of the day. The pain goes from very top of inner thigh to above my knee & is more horrifying than abscess tooth pain & labor pains all rolled into one! I don't know where it comes from & why, but it's GOD AWFUL!!! It's like my legs are possessed or something....

Do you take your fingers & rub under your earlobes when you get this type of pain? I'm not sure I completely understood your solution, can you please explain in more detail?
Thanx bunches!

I have had this happen to me, it's like a SEVERE 'quivering' pain that starts when I wake up, in left or right inner thigh, but lately it's been DOUBLE the pain (like one leg pain wasn't enough) It's so bad that I can't walk, or move! I have literally peed right there where I was cause I couldn't walk to the bathroom, my daughter has cried when she heard me 'screaming' in agony. There have been mornings she was an hour late for school because I can't move for the duration of the pain, and trying to walk too soon after I think it's gone, will just make the pain & muscle cramping/spasms/quivers start all over again. Have to walk carefully on my heels for awhile. The pain goes from very top of inner thigh to above my knee & is more horrifying than abscess tooth pain & labor pains all rolled into one! I don't know where it comes from & why, but it's GOD AWFUL!!! It's like my legs are possessed or something....

Thanx bunches!

I am a 55 year old man having had a very active life. I still Hike and bike but dovget these very painful inner thigh cramps. Unlike other parts of the legs it seems to be difficult to counter through stretching. Occasionally I feel the hamstrings about to cramp. Often I do a sort of Samba type shaking of my bum and legs which helps to relax the muscles. I do watch diet and try to take on more fluids as well as regular stretching which I believe does help to maintain overall flexibility and perhaps help in preventing cramps in the first place. Also sitting for long periods where blood flow can be restricted is probably a bad idea. I have to do this for my work but am now trying to move more frequently and sometimes stand when using computer. Most of my inner thigh cramps occur only after more intense physical activity.

Magnesium is a better vitamin than potassium for your thigh cramps. Also, you might have lab tests for Type II diabetes & a thyroid check. I experience these types of cramps also and it is 100% debiltating when you have an episode! Be very insistent wth your Dr. on this; they are nonchalant & dismiss your symptoms!!

I am diabetic and have kidney disease and high blood pressure; female, age 71. Saw a nephrologist today after my 37-year-old primary care physician literally threw up his hands and said he had no answer for the cramping. He had me taking Slo-Mag for over a year; inner thigh cramps still occurred; my magnesium level varied from 1.2 to 1.6. Kidney doc put me on magnesium lactate--four a day but couldn't tolerate more than two per day because of diarrhea. Had one cramp during that month. She told me today to have a sleep test done. I researched it and sleep disturbances like sleep apnea can, indeed, cause muscle twitching/cramps. Millions have no clue they are sleep deprived. Dehydration from a myriad of drugs doesn't help the situation. It's amazing to me that so many people are experiencing these excruciating cramps. Wish there was one answer, instead of a combination of several possibilities. I have read on another site that kidneys, dehydration, and leg cramps are all connected. It's almost 100% of the time during the night that the cramping occurs . . .

Hi, I get these as well and my last cramp, 2 nights ago, I did what my aunt told me and drank orange juice and it worked. I squished it in my mouth and then swallowed. My aunt said she thinks the acid in the juice shocks the brain to release. Not sure if that is why but it released its hold. That and magnesium pills. Good luck I feel your pain

I have a small pillow filled with rice. I put it in the microwave for two and a half minutes while suffering excruciating inner thigh pain. I put the warm pillow on the painful leg and in seconds the pain is gone. Ive suggested this to others and they've found the same relief.

It is the salt in pickle juice that helps. I lick salt when I get my cramps and drink water.

I keep a heating pad on my legs while my legs are elevated in my lazy boy chair.

Its always for my after I eat something sweet at night and my legs are elevated while sitting in my lazy boy chair. My doctor said, "don't eat anything sweet". Wow, I forget every now and then and BAM!! cramps so severe but I lick salt, drink water and hold my heating pad over my legs.

I feel your pain. It is horrible. I have peed on myself too. Try licking salt and drinking water. Also, if you elevate your legs for an extended length of time, make sure you have a heating pad over your legs. Hopefully, the heat is safe. Who knows, but I can't stand the pain!

I to suffer from thigh cramps...I keep a bottle of pickles near my bed... I drink some of the juice and eat a pickle works in 2-3 minutes... Some say a tablespoon of mustard will do it also... But I like the pickles..