Try Apple Cider Vingar..
Its gets rid of cramps, indigestion, warts and plantar warts too

I get these demonic leg cramps too. I found that drinking an ounce or so of pickle juice helps stop them along with heat. I use a tube sock filled with dry rice that is quick to heat in the microwave.potassium, calcium & magnesium help too.

Thanks for that info. I can relate to what you say totally. That pain is the worst ever. I get it sometimes in both legs and I jump out of bed screaming in pain! It's so painful I'm unable to walk but I just about manage to stand on my toes whilst trying to press the tight muscles. I associate my condition with dehydration but doctors have been rubbish............

I don't know if it is too late to reply. The cramps on my inner thighs were excruciating- honestly I thought I would die of a heart attack they were so bad. No exercise or stretch helped- once they started I couldn't do anything to relieve the pain, with other cramps massage or walking helped but not these. And it got to the point where I was having them several times a week usually when I was in bed for the night, it got so bad I didn't want to go to bed. Finally found a solution - a glass of V8 everyday. I believe it is the potassium, very high level in V8. I drink the low sodium one. As a result I haven't had a thigh cramp in almost a year, since I began drinking it.

I, too, have had this excruciating inner thigh pain and cramping for years - even the symptom where your feet splay out and pull up. I had natural childbirth with 3 children and the pain doesn't even compare. I do not take blood pressure medication. I have tried everything - most of the suggestions here, the minerals, lots of water, etc, and they help to some extent but not completely. What I have figured out about mine is that I believe they are being caused by my lower back. When I feel them coming on, I put the heating pad fairly hot and lay it under my lower back, very low at the hip level. If I don't have a heating pad, I get in a hot shower and let the water run on my lower back. I still get them but they ease up fairly quickly. I have tried to associate them with things I do and I have figured this out: Sitting for a long period on a hard surface; being on feet a lot in high heels; lots of bending, stooping and lifting heavy things. (Note: all of these things affect your lower back). It is not always practical not to do these things so I almost know when I am going to get them. I mostly get them in bed though I have gotten them in getting up from sitting and while riding in the car a few times. I was at a 2 hour wedding recently and sat on a church pew, then went to the reception and sat in a folding chair for another 4 hours - I was also wearing heels. I suspected I would get them and took some precautions when I went to bed - took my minerals (potassium, magnesium taurate, B12 and 2 Aleve for good measure, drank a ton of water, and put my heating pad under my back. Went to sleep and woke up with them. My heating pad had automatically turned off so I turned it back on and did some deep breathing. It takes a good 10 minutes once they hit. I have also had some success with getting up and walking but that is tough to do as it is so painful. Hope this helps someone.

New Member
1 post
Though it was a year ago you posted about your cramps, I read with interest because it is exactly what I'm experiencing in leg cramps! I can relate! I'm wondering if you found a solution to avoid the problem? I keep electrolyte beverage handy but I think I should drink a bottle every night before bed!

Horrible, can't move. Have to crawl to shower and get into hot water. Just have to pray you can make it to the bathroom and over the tub.. Sitting in HOT shower or tub has worked best for me.

New Member
I have experienced these debilitating inner thigh cramps for this first time this past year about six months apart. I am 66 years old. I've read all the posts trying to find commonalities between myself & others. For me the cramps occurred at night on days in which I was extremely active, i.e. extensive walking/hiking followed by my usual exercise class plus the ingestion of too much sugar (i.e. chocolate in my case). However, my step daughter has also experienced the inner thigh pain once and she is only 42, slim and not into much exercise. I think people are on the right track that it is some kind of chemical imbalance so I'm going to start taking magnesium (I've read that a symptom of magnesium deficiency is muscle cramps), additional calcium and swear off the sugar. I do take a multi-vitamin and a Vitamin D pill every day but I noticed there is no magnesium in the multi-vitamin. I take no prescription medication, my last visit to the doctor revealed no issues with my blood or blood pressure and I am not overweight. I'm so sorry for those who experience these cramps on a regular basis; I certainly don't want them to become a regular occurrence. I'll let you know what happens in future.

New Member
I forgot to mention in my last post that I will also add potassium in some form or other.

I am 53 and had the first severe cramp at around 40. I agree with you. I would rather give birth to triplets with nothing for pain than have one of these episodes . It is the most painful thing I have ever experienced. Many times the pain is so bad I have to throw up and for to 3 days after feel very queasy accompanied by diarrhea. Thank goodness my husband awakes immediately, runs to the bathroom and runs a hot bath. He usually has to drag me to the tub and I go in pajamas and all. Luckily it has happened to me only about 7 times. It is so painful and for anyone that suffers it, unforgettable. I will pray for alll of you to find relief.