I am having the same problems. I am under 100lbs and can't stop losing the weight. I have had all kinds of tests and nothing is wrong other then the patches. After reading all this I am going to get off the patch and try something else as I can't lose any more weight. I eat fatening foods and still loose the weight. Good luck and hope we all stop the weight loss and start to enjoy eating again

Going to bring his up to my doctor seargon on Monday needs me to gain weight eat all high calorie nothing I hope he believes me about this fentanyl patch 75 mg I'm 80 # how long before you start gaining weight after stopping the patch 
Thanks for any help

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

what dosage patch are you on as i have just started on the low dose

Dear Chelley, Karol, & anyone experiencing the same side effects,

I have been on the Fentanyl patch for about 2 years & am experiencing exactly the same symptoms.
I recently saw a surgeon who recommended that I get off the patch before surgery. My PVP agreed to wean me off. I was told about the horrific withdrawals & was very concerned until I read about Asorbic acid (found in Vitamin C) & how properly taken depending on Wright will help wash the Fentanyl drug out of your system faster causing withdrawals to be minimum.

I'm sorry I don't have the online address but if you Google it, you will find It.
Costco has a Kirkland powder form of Ascorbic Acid that is inexpensive & will work just fine.
I am going to start in 1 week & invite you to consider trying it.
Prayer doesn't hurt either

Corrections to typos:
PCP not PVP
weight not Wright
Aloha,
Marva

Requip (ropineral) works like a charm but you have to take it when you feel like restless leg is about to start. I get a strange feeling in my chest when it is about to start

your dose is too high

I AM SO DISAPPOINTED ABOUT THE STORIES OF DUREGIC USAGE .IVE BEEN ON FENTANYL FOR 16 YEARS ! IT “SAVED “MY LIFE !!! I HAD TRIED SO MANY PILLS THAT DID MOTHING FOR ME . I DONT SMOKE OR DRINK ! PEOPLE PLEASE STOP MIS-USAGE OF THIS PRODUCT! FOR SOME OF US IT A “MIRACLE “PRODUCtT !

I don't call it a problem. When I first started taking this drug-after others did not work, I was sick for a year. I crawled around furniture, and I lost my appetite for food PERIOD. I lost 87 pounds. I was 225 and 5 ft 8. I ate wheat crackers when I wanted 0. It finally stopped and steadied at 160. I have been that weight for about 3 years now.
My system will only let me take 25mg, which is not enough to control the pain, so I just have to bear the rest constantly.I had one of two bad hips replaced, but use a handicapped cart, and don't go to places there is none, for more than a few minutes. About an hour in a restaurant is all I can handle. Sitting and standing are both a problem for more than a few minutes standing. The Hips and back spurs cause this.. The Good hip lets me walk after a wheel chair stint, but just some. I am happy for that.
I too know when the patch is giving out because of twitching. I have no current memory because of a brain aneurysm (Stroke). And Though I mark a calendar, a forget to look at it.(And many other things)
Now I have kidney failure-caused by too much anesthetic,when my record ask for only a little. so no more surgery...and no stronger medication. (I tried two other popular brands of pills, and they cause even worse problems with sleep and creepy feelings)
So I am stuck with this 25 Mg- and the symptom, but the weight loss was needed and I am able to eat sweets, though I don't want a lot, for the first time since my 20's. I dieted all my life- losing 50 lbs twice. I still have a small appetite, and the person who did the sonogram that found my kidney's one dead and one at 25% was surprised at the small size of my stomach.I am 80- and of course know that something will take me before long-anyhow- so I drift on with what I have to. Glad of the weight loss and small appetite. A meal out- last me 3 meals...with the to go part. My cats eat well with what my finicky appetite does not want.

I have no insurance, so I have to purchase fake oxycodone pills on the street. They are definitely fentanyl. I have lost almost 100lbs. Hate to say it, but it’s the best thing to ever happen as a side effect. I do need to get off the pills soon before I end up a statistic. Very dangerous buying street drugs like that. Any one of those pills can easily contain a “hot spot” which will render it a fatal dose. It will be interesting to see what happens when I get off these pills.