Hi all, I have the same thing, here is a remedy you can do to make you feel less pain, eat ice cream without cookies , just cold ice cream, if you have a muscle torn or pulled , fastest way to recover it by putting ice on it , however with the throat you can only eat it, it will really help reducing pain almost immediately . keep eating ice cream 3 to 4 time a day try not to sneeze or cough , also if it happened and you needed to sneeze, hold waist by your arms so you don't block your nose , it also help getting ridoff this habit , best of luck,
oh , it take a week to two weeks to heal completely , it's no infection.

Glad to have found this thread. My throat started hurting about 2 weeks ago after sneezing. I am not even sure if I held the sneeze in, but its possible I did. Since then I've had pain when swallowing, especially dry swallows. I also can only use a low voice because it hurts to raise my voice. I feel it must be a muscular thing because its not a constant pain, it usually feels ok in the morning but starts to hurt more throughout the day as I use my voice and swallow. I've also found that Tiger Balm seems to help. Sneezing is very painful. Its been about 2 weeks now and I'm hoping this will clear up on its own. Im still unsure if I should see a doc.