Hi all, I have the same thing, here is a remedy you can do to make you feel less pain, eat ice cream without cookies , just cold ice cream, if you have a muscle torn or pulled , fastest way to recover it by putting ice on it , however with the throat you can only eat it, it will really help reducing pain almost immediately . keep eating ice cream 3 to 4 time a day try not to sneeze or cough , also if it happened and you needed to sneeze, hold waist by your arms so you don't block your nose , it also help getting ridoff this habit , best of luck,
oh , it take a week to two weeks to heal completely , it's no infection.

Glad to have found this thread. My throat started hurting about 2 weeks ago after sneezing. I am not even sure if I held the sneeze in, but its possible I did. Since then I've had pain when swallowing, especially dry swallows. I also can only use a low voice because it hurts to raise my voice. I feel it must be a muscular thing because its not a constant pain, it usually feels ok in the morning but starts to hurt more throughout the day as I use my voice and swallow. I've also found that Tiger Balm seems to help. Sneezing is very painful. Its been about 2 weeks now and I'm hoping this will clear up on its own. Im still unsure if I should see a doc.

So I sneezed about a month ago. I was at the dinner table and had to sneeze so I held it in. It was instant pain. When I touched my neck afterwards I heard a click but not when I sneezed. I have been to the docs twice now and they just keep saying "I'm not sure it's bacterial". My throat looks ok but the pain feels farther down. They did do a throat swab but that's it. And nothing came of it. I think I'm gonna book an appointment with a different doctor on Monday. I am a smoker, and had strep throat a few months ago. So I'm wondering if this made me more susceptible to being injured by a sneeze. I'll keep you posted.

This just happened to me. Sneeze held itself up. Sharp pain and what feels like something sticking up through my neck into my throat. I look into my throat and on the right side behind the tonsil is like a curtain that appears to be protruding closer to my uvula. Far more so than the left side. I can swallow and talk, I don't seem to be affected in those areas but I have been feeling weird, light headed, kinda like my body knows something is wrong. The pain is higher than my Adams apple and it'll subside on it's own until I have to sneeze again or cough. I'm 29 with severe neck injuries in the past and sometimes my neck sounds like a row of fire crackers going off just turning my head. I thought maybe that did it, but it was surely a sneeze. I do not have chest pain, but I fear a tear because I have felt weaker, light headed and this can be cause by oxygen seeping into your muscles. Since as I type this it's been a week and I have had no serious complications I do not think I ruptured anything like the guy in the UK did but I guess you never know. Also for those of you that have been just pushing things back in till they click what exactly are you pushing on? Outside of neck, inside of throat?