I’m going through the same thing, and my doc says it’s just a normal part of the process. She says it can take up to a year for all of the breathing issues to clear. Good luck friend!!

Carob extract( molases) or carob(4/5) break them up boil for 7/8 minutes..cool and drink 1 glass in the morning and one at night...you can do it daily....clears the lungs/ protects from lung cancer/ heals inflamation!

i moke for 35 years now I haven't smoke now for eighteen years now when I go out after about 2 blocks have trouble breathing

It's taken me years to quit. Over sixty now started early twenties. I didn't smoke for 300 days last year, smoked the other 65 spread over the year. Stopped Jan 1st this year. I get SOB and tightness. Today I was walking and eating a satsuma, a woman walking by said: "You're out of breath, are you all right?"
Lol, I guess I really must be ill (Eraserhead). Anyway, I like reading these posts, it's comforting to know I am not alone. Whatever way it goes I won't be smoking again, the thrill has gone. If I'm in time, great, if not then I can certainly say I enjoyed a lot of those cigarettes. I'd like to take some of those billionaire cig manufacturers with me though. :-)

'i feel like i have something in my throat and i cough because i have a tickle'
Same

I quit cold turkey and have all these problems.

We're your best friend. :)

Best not smoke anything bud. I gave up smokes and smoked weed for a while before I ended up back on the smokes. Since I stopped both weed and ciggies and vapour I feel heaps better. it has also helped with my cravings as I'm not putting any smoke into my lungs and that feels good. take care mate and good luck with these toxic substances.

Yes. I have the same thing. Did you ever get over this? I know this is an old post

Me too!. Did you ever get over it?

Me too! Did you ever find out what it was?

I get out of breath climbing stairs. 35 years a smoker 11 months quit. I won't smoke again. I have a perpetual tickly cough. I am on ACE inhibitors and those are believed to induce that kind of cough. I live in hope. That's all we can do. But giving up cigarettes is a tremendous victory, never forget that. There's a new treatment for COPD, drain implants in the lungs. Check it out.

New Member
Nope. I see the nurse this week. I'll ask. I bought a copd monitor (expensive) took me two weeks to use it, too scared. Anyway, I did finally use it. FeV1 low but in normal range. All green but I know I am on the edge of copd. Better than I could have hoped. Get confirmation with the nurse this week and take it from there. Almost a year without a cigarette. Booya.

New Member
Had spirometry test and all is good. I don't believe it but it is true. Reason for really bad sob was a sinus infection affecting my lungs, inflaming and narrowing the tubes. I smoked for 40 years. I got a reprieve today. In twenty days I am quit for a year. Don't give up and do explore all avenues.