i have. all ive done is gained weight since taking Enbrel. my dr. says it doesn't cause weight gain. I had gastric bypass surgery. I started taking Enbrel because my RA flared up. I stopped losing weight even after gastric bypass. imagine how I feel. so I researched it today and are seeing that a lot of people are having the same problem. calling the dr.'s office today.

i think so   that you should talk to your doctor before changing the medicament.

I was diagnosed about eight years ago. I ended up in the hospital fifhting for my life because my doctor prescribed sulphur drug which I am allergic too. I have been to 5 different rheumatologist And they all insist in giving me methotrexate. I am thaankful for your post. I am never going to take it.

I was on Methotrexate and then started on Embrel. I have gained 10 lbs in about 5 months. My doctor says it's not a side effect but I have read where other people have gained weight.

It was a hard decision to go on Enbrel, but I am glad I did. I have been on it for about 4 years now
And feel so much better. I did not gain any weight due to the enbrel

what ever you do, do NOT take methotrexate. I am currently taking embrel and methotrexate and metho makes me very depressed and makes me very unhappy. i I miss school everyday after i take it and its terrible. makes you feel so sick. trying to get off of it.

I have been taking methotrexate for over 8 years and gained a fair bit of weight. I started Enbrel 3 months ago and my weight has been stable. In fact I have lost a bit. The Enbrel has helped the swelling on my hands and toes making it a littler easier to walk. I suppose as we become more active we will lose weight slowly. .

I have psoriatic arthritis and have been diagnosed and put on methotrexate 20mg/week with folic acid daily for about 2 1/2 years now. I have my blood work done every three months - you need to watch your liver (over the counter drugs have made my liver counts increase while on the MTX) I do experience nausea, more so the longer I have been on it. I am considering the shots. My doctor suggested the MTX over the biologics, not sure why. But if you have to take the MTX with the Biologics why take both? Wouldn't that be double the side effects?

I take methotraxate for my psoriatic arthritis and have chronic mouth sores which is a side effect .At times I have had several sores all at once which makes it hard to eat or drink and unbearable pain. I was thinking of switching to Enbrel or humira, but need to do research.

I take the preloaded pen, have had very few problems, just localized redness that diminishes after a couple of days. Was on Humira for 13 years, lost it's efficacy, finally found a good doc after much pain and suffering who put me on Enbrel 50mg/ml/week and MTX 6 2.5mg pills/week. I am doing great but MTX is somewhat tiring day after taking. Just the breaks, I guess. QOL is good compared to the suffering…

I started on MTX orally, then had to switch to the injection due to severe nausea. I was always very sleepy from it, and still am.. Recently I have started Enbrel along with the MTX. This morning the nausea is horrible. Hoping the folic acid will help.

I'm on remecade too my rheumatologist its not cause by ra.

I was on enbrel it was working great still had some joint pain but my rheumatologist still added methotrexate I lost 26 pounds in 4 months lost muscle mass in hips and buttocks and am constantly having muscle spasms that are driving me insane. I know this thread is old but I stopped the methotrexate quickly after losing 5-10 pounds so I really blame the enbrel. I am miserable and of course pain management wants to keep lowering my opioids. I was only on 60mg total a day they lowered me to 45 and still want to lower it. They push antidepressants on my all of them have f'd me up even worse I was fine before them and the methotrexate addition but stayed on enbrel for the time I lost the weight until I stopped the enbrel to see if I could gain it back. Still no luck getting weaker but the weight loss stopped. I can't try medical marijuana or I lose the opioids talk about a ducky health care system and government. I have Ankylosis Spondylitis by the way