over a year ago
hi, its totally normal to be numb in the beginning ! its a part of the healing process but if it doesnt go away in a week you should go to your piercer and check it :) mine was numb for about 5 days and then it went away and it has been one week now and its totally fine

Had my tongue pierced but could not bare the pain so after 3 days I took it out.why is my tongue stil numb and I feel like my breath is starting to smell omg

Hello i got mine friday an today makes it day 5 an i have some numbing an i can't taste sh*t. Did yours do the same

I got my tongue pierced about 12 months ago, I decided to take it out about a month ago because it was rubbing on my bottom teeth causing gum ressesion and ever since I got it done I've had a numb tip of the tongue and after nights of drinking and smoking I'd wake up with a sore tounge, so I wondered if I took it out would my tongue heal up and would the nerve heal, well after having it out for about for weeks the numbing didn't seem so bad or noticeable but it was still there, I also wondered if my hole was closed up properly as I was told it closes up relatively quickly, got it back in quite easy and then immediately noticed the burning stabbing pain return in the tip of my tongue where it's numb, I didn't leave it in for too long but have decided to purchase a thiner bar and ball as I wait for it to come via post, there's now a big lump underneath my tongue as I've upset the healing process, would be good if I could put it in and take it out for special occasions, so I'll see what the 3mm ball is like when that comes. I was wearing a 4mm for most of the 12mths as a 5mm was just to big for me.

I just had mine pierced for the second time as well about 7 days ago. The whole tip is numb and tingly. I didn't have that with the first one. I think it's because it is going thru more muscle and nerves maybe? I don't really know. Hoping it goes away in time. I'm not taking it out though. I really like it, lol

hey I just got my tongue pierced and I have the same problem with th etip being numb. did your feeling ever come back?

Did your tongue get better just wondering have a friend going thru same problem

I got mine 3 days ago and the numb feeling is slowly moving to the tip. It started from the piercing hole to the tip but now it’s 1/2 that. I’m crazy swollen and it’s uncomfortable but I’m glad it’s not just me and there’s lots of us

I got my tongue done on Friday and it is now Tuesday I completely lost feeling in the left side of the tip of my tongue on the first 2 days I’ve gained some of the feeling back but it’s a bit tingly and almost itchy to where my taste buds are inflamed from trying to itch it somehow with my teeth. I believe the feeling is slowly going to come back as it heals day by day so you should be fine but experienced the same things as all of you. I hope you all gain some feeling back eventually.

Did you ever gain feeling back on the tip of your tongue? I got mine pierced about a week ago and took it out on the 5th day because I was scared and my tip is still a little numb

Did your numbness ever go away?

Did your numbness ever go away?