I was constantly smelling cigarette smoke (and I've never smoked a cigarette in my life - age 46). I had this problem last year, then it left.  It came back this year and I found the similarity.  Both times, I had recently had a cold and took a antibiotic (Zpack).  Two weeks or so after completing the antibiotics = the cigarette smell problem comes.  This year (2012) it stayed with me constantly for almost 1 month.  The only relief I had was when I went outdoors = that was the only time I didn't smell cigarette smoke.  I credit my healing to Jesus. I prayed and prayed that God would take it away and both times; he did. He also helped me see that it is a side affect for me when coming off antibiotics.

Stay strong in Jesus and I hope this blesses someone else's life like it did mine. I thought I was going crazy. No one in my family could smell the smoke but me.  When I told my doctor - he basically ignored me.

Those, mystical drifting lingering odors, Oh! Why, do they hang, around when the source of the odors are no longer there. The offensive smells you associate with odor is almost always gases released from their sources.

These invisible gases attach onto floating air molecules, which drift with the air currents in the room. Over time some dissipate and others most notably smoking and urine odors, penetrate walls, carpet and drapes. We might even get so used to them that we don’t even smell them, but our guest can and that can be embarrassing.  Getting rid of them is a four billion dollar industry covering sprays candles, ozone machines and Ionizers, which are effective till next time. There is a natural way called air-renu, a paint additive that only has to be applied once and works 7/24 keeping odors away and the room smelling clean. 

I am not a smoker.I had the same problem.Through a long eliminating process .Just recently I discover that it's coming from the coating of  my medication,which is the capsule .

PRAISE GOD ! FOR YOU ; YES I THOUGHT I WAS GOING CRAZY, PLEASE PRAY FOR MY VICTORY IN THIS ! I FELT LIKE A COLD WAS TRYING TO GET ME. SO I STOP AND GOT COLD TABLETS TO TAKE, TOOK THEM AND IT STARTED )THE SMOKE ODOR) AND THEN I DECIDED TO TAKE NATURAL ANTIBIOTICS (BECAUSE I FIGURE IT WAS SIDE EFFECTS FROM THE COLD TABLETS. THANK YOU SO MUCH ! (I MEAN IT ) KEEP IN PRAYER .....

Thank you u have helped me