I have what sounds like something similar. Only i don't think it's draining from the sinus; I think there's actually some tiny sore just to the inside edge of the nostril, next to the cartilage. I believe it to be a staph infection. I haven't been able to completely rid myself of it yet after several months, because as it starts getting better - I start forgetting to take care of it but, cleaning it with peroxide several times a day makes it go away. And gets rid of the smell.

Did you ever get this cleared up? I've had this issue for a long time... tastes like medicine or something rotten.. only when i til to the left.. feels like i jump underwater without my nose plugged....

Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I’m experiencing the same, bad smelling/tasting mucous and a stinging like getting water in the nose. All my congestion, pain and swelling has been on the left side

Hi Im getting this had it for almost a year ! doctors keep giving me decongestant

New Member
1 post
Thanks! Ive had this too and used vodka to clean the tip on the outside.. your response seems the most logical to me. Muchas gracias