I had my twelve month anniversary yesterday following 3 stents and three months later a triple Bypass and yes I still seem to get the pain from Chondritis . It has been cooler the last few days and my chest is aching more so maybe because it is cooler

Your story is my story 1 year post triple Bypass . The cold and exercises aggravates the pain . I had a bone scan that showed Chondritis a few months post surgery along with part of the sternum that hadn’t healed completely. I also have a portion of keloid scarring and some of the pain is near that part of the scar. The cold is proving to be a trigger. I’m looking for answers and suggestions too. God help
Me if it’s still there in another 4 years

it,s been 7 years since my triple heart bypass ,I fall-collapse more than ever ,my leg is damaged and get,s worse as I go on ,and now if I stand to long,it swells to a 5 inch difference ,my chest and under arm is constanly pulled pinched stabbed and forces me to need to end it ,ime told its nerve damage and pain killers are the only answer.i take 12 to 15 co codamol /asprin/sertraline 200mg statins iron tablets and more each and every day,if anyone can avoid a heart bypass then do so ,because there,s no end to the pain ,and no end to the wanting -longing to die -for the piece.

It’s been over a year for CABG for my husband and he is puffy in his substernal area. He had plates placed with his stern all closure. We can feel a click in his chest when he breathes deeply. He has pain in his upper left back and if he turn the right way (or wrong way), he gets a knife stabbing pain in his lower sternum that shoots across his diaphragm area. His WBC is normal ruling out infection. He has had chest X-rays that the doctors say are negative for complications. The pain is still there and sometimes limiting for activities. No one has been able to reason or diagnose this problem. I am a cardiac nurse and I am frustrated as to why we can not get answers! Anyone out there with any suggestions? Thanks!

I had a Thymoma removed...
After surgery my xiphoid was pressed outward from the tumor.
So..I then had another surgery to remove the xiphoid. There are times when there is a lot of pressure in my chest and neck...plus a very 'soft spot' in my abdomen.
Hoping you are better after all this time since your post....