I have the same pain as you and in the same place I just had an attack at work yesterday was horrible I went to the doctor several times all they say is you can still have gallbladder attacks Please let me know if you find out anything

Hey how did you get on? I think I have this and I'm pregnant and im terrified that I'll have a attack while pregnant

You probably have gallstones still. You can still produce gallstones without the bladder especially if you eat fatty/processed food.

Ive been having pain off an off since my surgery 2 and half years ago. They tested me for everything under the sun and one doctor went so far as to say 'Its in your head that this is happening". Pretty sure the feeling that my ribs are crushing my chest while a large blade is being driven through the center of my chest and twisting up the back of my spine is NOT in my head. But thanks, breathing is not that important to me anyways :( ..... I cant actually use marijuana as it gives me panic attacks from the first puff and any form of panic tightens my chest and breathing becomes extremely hard. Feeling helpless in Saskatchewan, Canada

My gall bladder was removed 11 years ago and I have been in pain off and on for 9 years. feels just like it did with my gallbladder attacks. I have had a battery of blood work, scans, endoscopy, and even exploratory surgery with no answers. I did research and one thing that stuck out was my inability to take opioids for the pain ( they make it worse). This search brought me to the dysfunction of oddi sphincter. I brought this to the specialist and he laughed and said that’s been debunked. I am at my wits end and. I feel like my doctors think it’s all in my head. Luckily I only have the pains a couple of times a year and they don’t last for more than 4 days but that 4 days is excruciating to endure.

My goodness i'm having that severe pain and i can tell you- living like this is not nice. It's as if my stomach is not digesting the food i eat. Now it's 17:50 pm, i just vomited the cereal i ate at 08:00am. And worse part about these attacks, i don't know what starts them. I've been sleeping the whole day as last night i was vomiting. My gallbladder was removed in 2014 but i still live out of pain. Just don't understand this....

I had my gall bladder removed 1993 and have suffered on and off with gall bladder like pain ever since... I just live with it as every time I would mention to a doctor they just say it’s not possible.. you have no gall bladder grrrr... has scans nothing shows up yet I still continue to suffer... the pain is brought on by food and I can not take codine pain medication as this brings on a really bad attack... over the years I have found when having a bad attack if I drink a glass of hot water as hot as you can stand it without burning your mouth or tummy it seems to shift what is causing the pain... only hasn’t worked once for me and my pain... I know a lot of people that are still suffering gall like pain after having gall bladder removed... the doctors really need to look into it

I UNDERSTAND EXACTLY WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM. I started to have similar problems to you. Just a few weeks after I had my gall bladder operation, I had severe pain, and mentioned it to my husband, who is a medical doctor, and he asked me what I had done differently that day, and I told him I had just taken the usual pain medication for a headache, as I am also very prone to headaches generally. He then went on to tell me, that it was probably by sphincter of oddi going into spasm, caused by me taking the pain medication for my headache. He told me,I would now be one of those people, that would now not be able to take any medications containing codeine and a number of related opoids, as that makes the sphincter go into spasm.
I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a difficult time getting medical staff to understand your problem. When I told my husband how I felt, his response was immediate in telling me he thought it was my sphincter of oddi and went on to say that it is fairly common in patients who have had their gall bladder removed. AD

Yep. Gall bladder removed and I am still having gall bladder 'attacks'. Sometimes so painful I'm not sure if I pass out. Always about 5am... think it's sphincter of oddi but it's difficult to diagnose so the docs just say "Yes you are probably right " . Great !! No advice on what to do about it. Sometimes it's worse than others. Doesn't seem to have a cause.. not sure what to do.