No problems here and I have been on Suboxone for 3yrs. I can honestly say it has saved my life after being addicted to pain pills after major surgery.

I had beautiful teeth before suboxone. Now after 1 year on the medication I have 5 cavities. Terrible side effect I need this medication for nerve pain because of 5 herniated discs on my neck.

New Member

Thanks to Suboxone I now have dentures! I had perfect teeth before I went on Suboxone! I'm only 53! This drug is the devil!

100% I have had problems. It was given to me as a treatment for pain. That was 5 years ago. Since then I have had severe decay on my healthy teeth. I have a current bill of $19,000 for 5 root canals. It’s destroying my self-esteem on top of it. I am also wondering if there is possibly an open case as of now? I want them to take responsibility for this!!! To all of these people.

Well.. my teeth are starting to actually crumble. Been on subx for a year, but.. put on it for pain. I just put 2 and 2 together and now I'm flipping out.

I've been taking Suboxone for the last 6 years. It has helped me to kick my 10 year addiction to pain killers. As far as relief from chronic pain goes it has worked very well. I also suffer from bipolar and suboxone has not only helped with my severe depression but has also eliminated my mental and physical cravings for traditional pain killers. For me it truly has been a wonder drug when it comes to helping me get clean and stay clean. However....

After being on Suboxone for approximately 6 months I started experiencing pain from one of my back teeth. To my dismay, half of the tooth was completely missing! It had rotted away...in 6 months! With only minimal dental insurance I couldn't afford $3k for a crown. So began my long and painful...and EXPENSIVE battle with broken and decayed teeth.

Fast forward 6 years. Out of the 32 teeth I started with I'm down to 11. 11 teeth in my entire mouth. And out of those 11...7 of them are either broken or severely decayed. I went to see my dentist 3 weeks ago and the treatment plan he prescribed was to have my remaining teeth surgically removed at the same time and to get fitted for dentures. I'm 44 years old and need to get dentures because Suboxone DESTROYED MY TEETH!!! Until I started taking Suboxone my teeth were perfectly healthy. Even after suffering from one addiction after another for 20 years of my life my teeth were STILL in good shape. I considered myself to be lucky that drug abuse didn't cause me severe dental problems like it had for many of the people I'd used with over the years. I didn't even have my FIRST CAVITY UNTIL I WAS 30 YEARS OLD!!!!

Right now I'm missing 2 of my bottom teeth in the front and will be loosing 2 more front teeth on the to in the VERY NEAR FUTURE! I'm already completely EMBARRASSED to talk to people in public. I feel like people are looking at my teeth and judging me based on their horrible appearance. Nevermind the OVERWHELMING DEPRESSION from feeling gross and ugly but also the constant pain from broken, decaying, and abscessed teeth! It's been YEARS since I've been able to eat a steak or salad or potato chip! At this point I'm pretty much living off of oatmeal, yogurt and mushy cereal. YUMMY!

I think the WORST PART is that I've been doing EVERYTHING I need to do to stay clean. EVERYTHING! Years of monthly psychiatrist and weekly therapy Appts. I've fought hard to turn my life around. It's been. a long battle but I've done it. Despite all the years of hard work I feel like I'm being PUNISHED! I've done EVERYTHING RIGHT but am still in HELL from all of the dental problems caused by Suboxone. It's not only extremely depressing it has also destroyed my self esteem and bank account.

The drug companies NEED to list ALL of the dental problems long term Suboxone use can cause. EVERYTHING! And they need to be held financially responsible for not listing the side effects sooner. They aren't going to WILLINGLY change out of the kindness of their hearts because we all know the ONLY THING they care about is making as much money as they possibly can. So, everyone who's suffered from major dental problems as a result of Suboxone use need to stand together and file a class action lawsuit and FORCE them to do what they won't do willingly! Hit them in the pocket book! That's the only thing they really care about or understand.

I’ve been on Suboxone for 8-9 years. Yes I always had cavities here and there but after using Suboxone my teeth have turned so brittle and weak that I’ve had chunks of teeth falling out while eating things like mashed potatoes. I don’t eat candy and I brush and floss twice a day. So I’m wanting to start a lawsuit but I feel more people need to come forward

I've lost 7.They start receding from the gum line get more brittle break off leave a tiny piece of tooth in the gum line. Have 4-5 more doing the same. Taking antibiotics for an abcess on one now. Been taking them for 4 yrs teeth weren't great but I didn't look like I had meth mouth either. This mess will take your teeth.Ask anyone that's taken it a year or more!!!

Took other opiates for yrs no problem with my teeth!!! Started Suboxone within a year and a half teeth receding from gum line breaking off. It's what you can prove I understand but Suboxone will prove to you they'll get your teeth!

My pain management Dr. Put me on it to see if helped my chronic pain instead of all the different hardcore stuff he'd given me for yrs.He's in agreement with me that the Suboxone has lead to this.I guess I was am a legal addict but I had teeth for 7 yrs of a collection of different pills. He and I know Suboxone did it but the thought of the oxcy anything kills me.But to you I'm gutter trash addict! Who might as well get full dentures!