Hello, Does anyone know how difficult/easy to switch from lantus to tresiba. My dose of lantus is 10 units in the am and 7 units of lantus in the evening and my doctor wants to switch me to one dose daily of 14 units of tresiba. Has anyone out there been told to do this? My doctor says it can take up to 3 days for tresiba to stabilize my BG. I'm a little worried about this and my Lantus is about to run out which means I guess I have to buy tresiba. Can anyone tell me anything about this. Anything would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, I haven't taken tresiba but I have read about it. From what I understand, tresiba is supposed to have the same efficacy as once daily Lantus. Tresiba is supposed to have a lower rate of hypos than lantus however I don't know how true that is. I haven't heard that Lantus had a high rate of hypos from anyone not even my doctor. I heard that tresiba may not need to be taken every day which is kinda weird. Seems to me if you didn't take it everyday you would get confused as to when you did take it.

The other situation is that it costs more and if it's not really better than lantus why would you buy it. Insulin is expensive enough as it is. I've also heard that is lowers your HbA1c scores but I don't know how true that is either. I'm wondering how you will adjust your units if the dose isn't appropriate for you. Have they discussed that with you yet? I'm not sure I really see an advantage in taking tresiba other than the doctors/pharmaceutical companies are pushing it. I certainly hope that everything works out for you. I'd be interested in knowing how tresiba works for you. Come back and chat when you have some new info.

Start as ur Dr suggest,it takes 3 days to stabilize blood sugar,it's a much better drug

This is a better drug interns of hypos and efficacy, u can only know hypos and wot it means only if u have experienced any hypo,and it has to be taken daily irrespective of time is an advantage, it is a better insulin ,provided u have bucks to buy it

tresiba is four times costlier than lantus in india...so it is very costly for Indians and other third world counties...it's a pity!

New Member
1 post
In similar & wondering the same thing. I take 13 units of Landis at night & 12 in the morning & just picked up my first script of Tresiba Friday, but still have another couple weeks of Lantus left. Been researching Tresiba & looks like it stays consistent so doesn't take as much as Lantus that is stronger when it first stats working then tapers off & often rollercoasters thought the day.Definitely happy that it's definitely a once a day instead of every 12hrs! Super to last up to 42hrs according to the pallet that came in the box of pens.