Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

Sorry, but you are wrong. I just finished my friends nails yesterday which I used an e-file on and I wore gloves for most of the service. I took them off briefly,
to try and clean some of the dust off the desk because I don’t have the best extraction fan but wore them for the rest of the service. My friend had no issues with her hands, fingers or skin but as soon as I had finished my fingers were very sore and itchy and continued to get worse throughout the night. So it’s definitely some kind of contact dermatitis/allergic reaction to the dust.
Reply

Loading...

You are allergic to it.I have same problem.and I don't go to salon's I do it my self.
Reply

Loading...

In order for gel to become hard it must be cured in either a UV or LED lamp. The lamp itself is not creating the problem. Allergies can develop from over exposure. A person can have had nails done (including extensions, either gel or acrylic, gel overlays, gel polish manicures etc) and suddenly become symptomatic. For some, this happens shortly after using nail products and for others it may take weeks, months or years. Another culprit can be under cured products. Gel may appear hard (dry) but if not cured correctly, according to manufacturers directions, problems may occur. Many manufacturers of nail products do not endorse mixing brands. Gels are cured at different wave lengths. A professional tech should know and understand the differences between one type of gel from another. Often this info is not taught in nail school. There is tons of ongoing education that a good nail tech can take to ensure skills are up to date. This includes learning the science behind how the products work and possible reactions.
I’m a nail tech with extensive training which includes learning about chemicals, nail safety and possible reactions. Make sure your nail tech is well trained. I am continually upgrading my knowledge and skills. Ask about courses he or she has taken. Never allow an arbor band (resembles a piece of sanding paper) used with an efile to be used on you if it was used on another client. Each client should have a new efile and all implements need to have been properly cleaned, sanitized, disinfected and sterilized. Ask them how they clean metal tools. As a consumer it’s your right to ask this and any trained professional will willingly answer your questions.
Consumers also need to be educated about Nail products. The best way to find out about nail products, reactions, safety etc is from a well trained nail professional. Non standardized salons are dangerous and you may be putting your (nail) health in jeopardy. Just because you’ve had your nails done for years, doesn’t mean you know all the necessary information about Nail products, correct and safe practices and the long-term effects.
I was a client for many, many years before I became a professional nail tech.
Reply

Loading...

Have had the sane itching problem, but cannot figure out what it is. Have been getting acrylic nails done for 15 years and never a problem, but itching is so bad had to take nails off, now don’t know what to do???
Reply

Loading...

I’m reading your reply but I’m having a hard time finding it Sally’s is not carrying the organic one and I called the company and I can’t get it from them so where if I might ask did you get it.

Reply

Loading...

I have the same problem. And I do gel at times and no itch
Reply

Loading...

This happened to me and thought it was the glue they used and it go to the point were I couldn’t work with my hands they bleed and bleed. So I waited to get them done a month and just went 2 days ago and they was swollen and getting inflamed. What should I do? I’ve been soaking them in warm water.
Reply

Loading...

About 20 yrs ago I went to salon and this time was not like any other my nails starts to itch and burn over time nail seperate from mail bed cuties cracked bled fingers swelled I need an antibiotic and a finger lanced. I developed a reaction and cm no longer get acrylic nails. I am allergic cant use prior in gel process either I tied a few times over the years same result. I am afraid of forgetting to remind them not to use it.
Reply

Loading...

I have been getting acrylics done for a few years now and my fingers were fine but about 2 months ago when I got them redone I reacted to the oil so they’ve stopped putting it on but my fingers are still very itchy. My mum trained in a nails years ago and she studied that it could also be due to the dust after your nails have been filed and so she has recommended to wash your hands thoroughly every time you get your nails refilled and moisturise using a non scented moisturiser. This has helped quite a bit for me so I hope it will work for you
Reply

Loading...

User avatar
New Member
1 post
I agree my finger tips are itching and tingling and still are it seems they uv light burned my fingers there are no sores but still hurts
Reply

Loading...

User avatar
New Member
1 post
Me too! It’s driving me crazy. Tried sun screen.. doesn’t help much.
Reply

Loading...