to be very honest with you all, no efence or anything but..you get people who write posts "worrieing" about what it could be... and like most people i also look up sytomps for things ..but that also can make people panic.....i had sytoms for lung cancer and then i found out i had a mild chest infection which cleared in 3 days? really dont worrie to much if you feel ill for more than 1-2 days or your really badly feel ill, take your self to the doctors or if you cant wait go to a hospital because there profeshional and can cheak you over and give you proper medical advise rather then you looking things up , worrieing...turns out your find just have flu or somthing like that

just sAyin x

I have the same problem! I went to a doctor years ago and he said that I just have to practice my breathing. Now it is much much worse, and my throat is tightening. I have really bad allergies to everything pretty much, it might be worth me demanding answers like you.........

I did go to the doctor. It took over 3 MONTHS for them to diagnose me with having asthma. I was told I had a respiratory infection but when that didn't go away, I demanded to see an allergist/asthma specialist. she did an environmental allergy test on me to find out I had a really bad allergy to dust mites, and she also sent me to the hospital for breathing tests but I didnt get in to do the test for 2.5 months..in the meantime I went to the walk in at emerg. prob. 3x and finally one of the doctors did a peak flow test with me, and it was only at 200 when he said I should be blowing 400 ...so he gave me an inhaler & it helped from the moment I used it. I finally got into the breathing tests...then found out it was asthma. I hate an inhaler every 12 hours to control it..but barely need the rescue inhaler ever...and yes people panic. I have panic attacks now because of when I was having trouble breathing & none of them believed anything was wrong with me. Now anytime I get nervous I have my throat get tight, but it's an automatic panic feeling cause I was getting the same thing when I felt like I couldn't breathe. It's awful. I am currently trying to control that without meds. I was right about my body. I thought more was wrong than an infection. who hasn't had a respiratory infection? I could tell the difference that something else was wrong. so if anyone else is reading this and felt the way I had, please ask to see a allergist. Turns out my asthma is allergy induced. So if it gets too dusty it irritates my throat & then I having breathing issues..

hello brother somany people give you answers but they are just replying they don't know what you are suffering. I had the same issue last 4 years. From my experience I can tell you that you are suffering with gastric, or acidity. I did endoscopy, thyroid test . all are good. but still suffering the same

HI,

I have been dealing with the tight throat and breathing problem for over a year.  I keep thinking that my asthma is coming back again but I do not think so.  I do not have any wheezing.  I have developed horrible panic and anxiety issues over the past couple of years.  I have noticed that I breathe a lot from my chest and we are not supposed to.  You are supposed to breathe from your abdomen.  I get a really tight chest feeling like a tight band wrapped around my ribs.  I am going through it right now.  Sometimes it almost feels like the breathing is concentrated in my throat.  I think that I am just tightening all my muscles in certain places.  I have a very stressful life right now.  I think that sometimes your brain just kind of deals with things sometimes in ways you do not want it to.  I refuse to use any drugs of any kind to fix this.  It is mind over matter.  I have done it.  I just need to figure out what I did.  It is a scary feeling to not be able to breathe normal.  I either breathe too fast or too slow.  It is driving me crazy.  Sometimes I do think that I have a medical problem that is bad because why is this not going away?

Liam, did you ever figure out your problem?? please let me know

Did anyone figure out what the problem was?? please let me know! started experiencing same thing a month ago. HELP!

Since it has been awhile from the first post, did anyone figure out what the problem was?? please let me know! started experiencing same thing a month ago!

it is not asthma plz say to ur doctor to taka lft ,beacause of the nose or sinus infection and phyringitis asthma symptoms is whwwzing it is present on you you have asthma

Try going gluten and dairy free as well as
getting some allergy testing done. Gluten sensitivity can definately cause your problems as well as cause problems for the thyroid.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I m 14 it's 1:39am my throat feels tight I can barely breathe n stay calm help

Forward head posture. Look it up. Essentially your upper spine has become so forwardly bent that your airways actually get impinged on your collar bone region cause it to feel very tight/constricted.

I'm a medical researcher and can assure you that this is most likely posture related. It is also fixable however there is no easy solution. you need to build up strength in muscles around your chest and rib cage so that proper tension in your upper body is restore. This will pull your spine back into alignment and allow you to take deeper more satisfying breaths

I have the same problem. You are not alone. For almost 4 years I have been suffering to that and it got worse now.