I got my tongue pierced four days ago it still swollen when i eat it hurts but on one occasion i ate i washed my mouth out and it was still stinging wen i woke up the next morning it had been bleeding is that normal? or should i be worried about an infection

hi there, well you should not be eating food on a pierced tongue it can to cause an infection and it to can make it swollen just do soups and liquids for about 1 week and it will get better a little at a time and the reason it is bleeding is becuase you are eating not the right stuff but if the bleeding don't stop go see a doctor about it..and good luck

I agree with that, but I would like to hear a little more about what you should be doing with a pierced tongue? I haven't ever had one but I'd like to hear what you'd do because I might get one. Thanks!

actually have my tongue pierced and it did hurt alot after you get it done it took almost 2 weeks for it to stop hurting..just do soups and light food that way it does not become infected and bleeding..and if you go to a tattoo shop to get it done make sure they are clean and everything is packed up and you see the needles and everything before hand..and I have had mine done for now 6 years and I love it some times I forget that I even have it..just keep it clean and you will be fine..and plus my husband loves it!!

I also got my tongue peirced four days ago, it was the worst pain i´ve had besides childbirth in my life. And the morning after hurt even worse, I almost considered removing it. It doesn´t hurt so much now, but the mornings are worse than the rest of the day. I can eat solid food when i feel brave enough ( or when I´m starving), and it only mildly bothers me. What is the most uncomfortable now is how its giving me like a lisp in my speech, and I´m wondering if that will be permanant? Also the barbell is agrravating the roof of my mouth and is causing a dent where the barbell lays when I close my tongue. Will it go away, or remain a dent?

how come it´s asking me to ppost twice? whatever. I´m gina, but every one is different and healing takes longer or less depending on you...maybe ur not ready to start overworking ur tongue. I did cause i´m stupid and got lucky that it doesn´t send me back on the healing scale. Just to be on the safe side, I´m going back to soup or blended foods. It´s always better to be on the safe side. Good luck!

im only 16, so i dont know what childbirth feels like.. but the lisp WILL go away and so will the dent on your tongue. and sooner or later you will not feel it on the roof of your mouth, once you change it to a shorter bar you will probly forget you even have it. (: i've had my tongue pierced fer 2 weeks now and it feels like it was before i got it pierced, even eating. i just occasionally bite down on the top ball sometime, which you MUST be careful about because you can break a tooth that way.

good luck. (:

Before having my tongue pierced I went to A Pharmacist and had a chat with them about pain relief.  They reccomened that I take anti inflammatory about 30 mins before the piercing and then every 6 housr after.  Well.  This worked a treat.  I had hardly any swelling after the piercing was done, could talk reasonably well and no pain.  I've my piercing now for 4 days and I love it.  Am eating solid food, but taking small bites and chewing carefully.  I gargle with salt water after every meal and before bed and it's healing nicely!  I love my piercing!  Hope this helps folk. 

Well i got my tongue pierced yestersday and i have been eating as normal at first it hurt but after taking two imflammatory pills i was ok

The dent will go away I got mine done on Christmas also which is my birthday.. There's is nothin to worried about unless it gets infected, if infected contact a doctor immediately. It takes 3-6 months for it to heal all the way and to heal right. Just make sure you keep it clean and you will be fine. Hope this helped

I recommend you go see a doctor. They know better if there's an infection and prescribe a medicine for you. Try eating ice cream to ease the swelling. Taking good care of your tongue piercing is really important since it's inside the mouth. Proper jewelry is also important. Once your pierced tongue is fully healed, wear titanium, BioFlex, BioPlast, gold or silver jewelry. 

_removed_