I've done some readership and it has something to do with anxiety and ocd often times...

I'm the same way and it drives me crazy so I take an antidepressant to quiet the noise

You should see a psychiatrist. You'll need a referral from your original doctor but I know exactly what you're going through because I face it daily. Talk to a psychiatrist when you see them and ask for an evaluation. I struggle with Adult ADHD. My thoughts are always too many to number and I often feel like I'm forgetting something and my body can't keep up on a day to day basis. I find it hard keeping track of the time and it helps me to make lists so I get more done and feel productive. Learning is harder due to all the thoughts that run through my head. It causes me to stress out a lot and if I don't sleep as much as I should, it's even worse. I find exercise helps in a huge way and I try to live a healthy lifestyle and I use guided meditation videos on YouTube to help me sleep at night. I hope this helps. Take care.

A simple way to think of it is having AD(H)D is like having a Ferrari engine for a brain with bicycle brakes. You can't control it all the time so you're circuitry is just going crazy often in wonderful ways but also sometimes in very distracting ways.

As a person with Aspergers Syndrome and ADHD I know that playing video games calms my mind, is really focusing and satisfying because it's a unique time of the day (much like when I read a good book, watch a movie in silence or a tv show without interruption) where I'm focused on one "thing"... The person seemingly arbitrarily declaring a poser a "child" just because they suggested playing video games is an obtuse, biased ass... Seriously, don't post "help" unless you're helping and without an agenda or bias causing you to make stupid assumptions and declaring them as fact because like I just said, you're not doing anyone any benefit... poster from a year ago named, "wellborn". :(

I have the same problem. It's funny, I read your post and I had to reply. I got a place at university today, and I have fought so hard (I'm 32) to get to this point. I have borderline personality disorder, and on the autistic spectrumI, have social difficulties and I find it hard to process new information so I act socially awkward. I had a psychological assessment for college, I found out I had a pricessing disorder.

I find it very hard to do work, my attention is for little more than a few minutes, I find it very very stressful, I also have fibro after a traumatic incident years ago. I really don't have it easy. Education is the best thing I've ever done, the support has been amazing. I highly recommend that

And mindfulness. You probably think alot because your intelligent, the most intelligent minds have their difficulties. Look at your strengths and build on them. All the best

This could be totally normal. There are studies how to control thought processing. I’ve read about reciting a calming verse to refocus. Paying attention to your health, exercise, good nutrition is important. Try making a short list of what you want to accomplish in the next few hours. I’m a person of prayer so ask Him for help.

Thank you for sharing this, I will try to follow your advice

Your message would been better if not for directed insults of the previous post

I keep messing up in life. I'm up and down all day with thoughts and feelings, anytime I mess up suicide comes to mind even though I don't want to do anything, I don't know if life is unfair and I'm just a wimp who can't handle it or if it is that I have mental issues that make me think life is unfair, I stabbed myself in the leg recently with a pair of scissors Infront of my girlfriend. And now I have to work a job otherwise I'm scared of time alone to myself to have these up and down thoughts

Really Nice article

Marijuana is in fact, not a depressant. Although it can act as one. A simple google search tells you this. Otherwise, well said.