I just quit smoking weed been a heavy user since senior year in highscool and upgraded from smoking mid to Kush I cant remember the last time that I tried to stop or took a break never have going on day 4 of not smoking and I am miserable I try to get sleep but i stay up until I am physically drained which is about 6 or 7 am laying down around 11 or midnight tossing turning no sleepiness at all tried to replace with booze nothing I crave it every day and can't stop thinking of it and am even more restless the next day or morning and still can't sleep. I was even on probation and violated because I couldn't put it down the only time I was sober from it was the 30 days I had to do in jail for violating by smoking weed and I couldn't sleep in jail I feel like it has a hold on my life but i dont want it to control me forever but it seems like when i was using I could eat sleep and live no problem

I know I'm "late to the party", but damn it. I'm currently going through this for the second time, and this time I'm finding it easier since I knew this would happen. First thing, don't replace the weed with alcohol or sleeping meds, that is not a fix to your problem, you'll only move the problem, and also don't exercise before going to bed, as you'll have lots of pent up energy. Try to get your workout in the morning instead, which would improve your sleep either way. I know I wrote no sleeping meds, but that does not include over-the-counter magnesium/zinc supplements, or you could get those through the food you eat, such as spinach (might not taste great by itself, but when you consume spinach along with other tastes, you won't even notice it's there. A bit over half of all cannabis-users will experience this withdrawal, but the symptoms often stop after a few days, or sometimes weeks. The most important thing during this withdrawal period (and preferably the weeks that follow) is to not consume any cannabis at all, since that might just "reset the counter", and all the hard work and sleepless nights will have been in vain, and you'll be looking at a few more weeks feeling like a zombie.
I'm no doctor or anything like that, I've just got some experience, and it's really interesting.