OMG...I appreciate yoyr post, as it almost reads to be me EXCEPT, I also had a hernia repaired which I feel with EVERY BREATH.

I had my gallbladder removed three days ago and I haven't had a BM since. Although I have been passing gas. Is it normal not to have a bowel movement after gallbladder surgery? am beginning to feel bloated and feel that I need to go but can't. Any suggestions.

Did anyone have severe back pain before having gallbladder removed? If so let me know.

I have been able to eat anything and everything with no issues im on day five after my surgery. They said its normal to take a few days to regulate again. My dr said there is no diet restrictions after the surgery

Agreed my nurse allowed me to use a fleet saline laxitive about 30 hours after the surgery and it relieved so much gas and some soft stools.it was a wonderful quick relief of a lot of bloating and pressure.

I know you posted this along time ago but yes, I’m having the same symptoms and I had a HIDA scan done and my gallbladder is functioning at only 15%. They said that once they remove it, then my system should not change since it’s already not functioning. The only difference is that my gallbladder should not be having any spasms/contractions or pain anymore longer. As for the vomiting, I’ve been having such projectile vomiting that I can barely make it to the bathroom and they have a new prescription out now called Linzess and that has helped. But I’ve been off work because of all the symptoms since January 4 and it is now The middle of April.

I only pulled up the site because I was looking to see if there was going to be a difference per anybody else when their gallbladder wasn’t functioning as to when the gallbladder is out, and the bile flow could be different.

So, I’m confused with what the doctor has said. If I have no bile and I’m always constipated/backed up and my gallbladder is not functioning ... And if my body’s system is not supposed to change with my Bowel habits, how come everybody else seems to have problems with their food intake? I’m only asking because I’m not sure what to expect anymore.

Yes, my pain is mainly in the front but it has radiated all the way around to my back directly behind where my gallbladder is in the front and then it could also radiate occasionally to my left shoulder blade. I’ve been to emergency twice since January and finally had an appointment with the surgeon this last Monday on 9 April ...lovely doctors for my many appointments, I basically diagnosed myself and commanded a HIDA scan to be done and they finally admitted that I was right

I am on day 3 after Gallbladder removal. I have been eating a normal diet since being released from the hospital, 1st very small bowel movement this morning. pain level at 2. otherwise feeling well.

Sounds like gallstones. Do they float. If they are gallstones they will float and not break apart when you flush. If you put on a glove and squish it, it would be like semi-moist clay that almost smears when squished.

I took a laxative, against doctor's advice, and thought I would die. NEVER AGAIN I'm reading that if you are taking any pain pills, they can cause constipation. I am taking pain pills and now I will stop. Hopefully, that will help.