Re: alleviation of symptoms, recommend wet-wipes (paper doesn't clean anyway) and a multifunctional cream called Brulidine.

I have had this leakage for a few years and been back and forth to the doctor but they don't have a clue just look baffled . They actually sent me for a colonoscopy but that's all it came up with that it was a tag from a old pile so book me in to have it removed . After weeks of pain and discomfort I still have problem. I've tried probiotics and digestive enzymes but no cure , since taking enzymes my stools have come wet which causes more leakage , the strange thing is if I have a firm clean stool I seem to get more leakage and makes my Anus sore . I am in  UK so any suggestions someone mentioned bio k plus but it way to expensive . Any help be appreciated

I CAN SEE SOME LINK BETWEEN MY CASE AND YOUR ANALYSES. I have suffered the same issue last 7 months. It started when I was travelling for two weeks. It was difficult to find suitable food to my diet in that place. I was eating bread all the day and night, morning, lunch and dinner. Bread Bread Bread. Last three days of that trip I started to have this problem. I thought this is something temporary, so I did not care much about it. After several weeks it became more serious, and I developed the SB. It was terrible it was firing down there. I could not sleep, walk.
I go to general surgeon, he did check for hemorrhoids, but nothing.
Until one day I had to go to ER for some pain in the bladder, Doctor diagnosed me with prostatitis and prescribed Antibiotic (Levofloxacin) for one month. In addition to the bladder pain disappearance, I notice in the second week of the course my SB condition got better.
Till now (two months since I took the antibiotic I do not have SB, but minor leakage is there and off and on. At least I can sleep and focus on my job. Definitely the Antibiotic made difference like (80%).
I will try to take fiber from now and will update.
To all: do not lose hope, “Whatever the disease is there is a cure for it”

People wanted me to followup to this and I have truly cured the problem (only took me 3 years). To refresh with some Background- my leakage and tremendous gut pains were originally caused by the antibiotic Cipro. Gastro doc wanted to put me on Nexium or equal for life. That was their dumbass solution. I showed above how to get off PPI with intense BioK for 6 mo, but while the gut pain subsided, the leakage continued for over a year. I won't bore you with all the failure methods, but since Kroeger's Align knockoff worked pretty well, I decided to find a product with as many probiotics as I could find. The answer for me was Tunature Advanced Digestive Probiotic, a pill. It says take one pill a day. I took 3 a day until my kidneys hurt. I think the probiotic was killing off more bad bacteria and affecting my kidneys. I backed off 3 down to one in the final week. After about 3 weeks on this product I stopped taking cold turkey.......AND to my amazement I don't leak anymore and my stool is not paste like anymore. I hope this helps you if you're hurting from antibiotics because Doctors have no idea about this and will be able to provide NO SOLUTION!!! Good Luck!

Hello Again,
As I promised I will update you about my case.
I tried the fiber for couple of days, it made things worse. I believe it is just because the stools becomes bulky it is more difficult to clean. I know it is not enough to judge on the experience from two days.
However I have good news for everyone, since a month ago I was taking honey 1 table sppon a day on an empty stomach usually in the morning,. After two days of this program the stool is becoming loose until now and I am still on the honey.
Guess what, After 15 days discharge started to reduce noticeably gradually, in one week I have no more discharge. Until today it has been 8 days without any discharge. I am very happy. Thanks God.
I do not know if I stop the honey intake what would happen.
By the way I did not have any change in my diet.
I used the manuka Honey as it is proven to have highest antimicrobial activity among all tested honeys. It could be some other types of honey is stronger than manuka, but not came under testing. As you know there are many and many types of honeys around the world.
I believe every honey would work, because they are all have medicinal effect. As per a honey specialist comment “ the thicker the honey the better it is for digestive system repair in general”.
So do not worry if you can not get the manuka honey for any reason, try any type of honey. But try raw honey and cold pressed, and if it thicker it is better.
Pray to the one creator of us to help you in this condition.

I will update you guys later after I stop the honey. I think I will continue the honey for another month.

To KJ I have the same problem . I am 64 and it just began about 2 yrs ago! I can wipe till I am so clean but later when I wipe there is stool on the paper! Being a woman this leads to UTI’s! I went to a special PT for this and everything is normal but I have a tight sphincter muscle she said causes stool to leak when your up and walking! Last night however I had a movement and very clean took my shower went to bed and woke up with a noticale odor! I went to the bathroom urine wiped and it was full of stool! I am now on antibiotics again for a uri! My docs can’t figute this out ! I am on HRTband still can have sex but drive is less often which I guess is normal for my age! I am embarrassed to no end and make sure I shower before sex! I have no skid marks on my underwear but it’s still on the paper! Can anyone help?? I do eat garlic stuffed olives by Marzetti as the garlic odor doesn’t stay with you and now trying pure cranberry juice per your suggestion! Can anyone help?? My docs are perplexed! I use culturelle as a probiotic and eat healthy! I am sick of taking antibiotics then yeast medication for bag yeast infections from the antibiotic! Can anyone help!! Since many of us have this problem it has to be more common than we think it’s just no one talks about it it’s embarassing! Any help will be really appreciated? Cranberry juice has no affect on UTI’s but what does it do for this?? Pls Help I heard this is very common as we age and ecology from stool is leading cause of UTI in elderly people. And some are asymptatic! Someone must have an answer!! Please help GB

Anyone who can help email me at ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of private information such as name, phone number or email address is not allowed in order to protect your privacy*** Please read our Terms of Use the Manila honey sounds great too but what about the sugar in it?? GB

I tried the Manuka Honey for 3 days and so far no leakage.

I am 42 and I have had this problem for 3 years showed up one day and has not left. I've been treated for yeast infection a colonoscopy had a fistula removed and still the problem remains took some medicine to help control the bowel movements wouldn't go to the bathroom for a couple of days didn't help but did controlled the situation some. very frustrating go to the bathroom and then about 15 minutes later the leakage starts and pretty much last is all day long by the end of the day I'm wore out and raw it is a horrible situation did not know what to do . if the cranberry and garlic helps I may try that thought maybe mine might result into eating too much pastry type junk food type stuff not sure it is a battle for sure.

I too have/had the uncontrolled discharge after a bowel movement for about a year and a half. I started down the path just like most people in this blog. I got as far as doing the colonoscopy which I was very happy to learn nothing was wrong. I had no polyps, no fissures, and my sphincter was strong. The Dr. had no answers why this discharge was happening.
I took a few suggestions from this blog. I tried cranberry juice, watched what I ate, and tried some garlic. Nothing worked.

When I first started having issues I went to see my family doctor and he asked me to try a product called Colon Cleanse. The directions were to dilute a tablespoon of the Colon Cleanse in a large glass of water and drink it. I was to do this 3 times a day. That made things worse, so I stopped using it after about a week.
For some reason I decided to try it again after the colonoscopy. This time I did the tablespoon of the Colon Cleanse mixed in a 12 ounce glass of Simply Orange pulp free orange juice. I drank this before I went to bed. The next day I had a regular bowel movement with no discharge afterwards. I have kept up this routine and have not had a discharge since.
I do not work for the Colon Cleanse company nor for Simply Orange. All I know is I literally lucked into something that worked for me. Hope it will work for some of you out there.
The Original Colon Cleanse I take is made by Health Plus Inc. I got it from my Drs. office so I can't help you on where to purchase it. The Simply Orange pulp free OJ can be purchased at most grocery stores.

How do you take the oil of oregano?

Maybe you have/had a fungal infection.

Read 'the clever guts diet' y michael Moseley. Junk food could be the cause.cut out all processed foods. This may help.

New Member
1 post
I myself have this same issue but mine can last up to 2 days. .I had a stroke almost a year ago. I was thinking that might have something to do with it. I do know one thing if I use a enema no leak.its funny it only happens after a bowl movement so it's like I'm not empty out all the way maybe that why the enama works becouse it cleans out he'll not sure. But the the enama is better then throwing away my underware all the time

I had this for 8 months until it was accidently cured when I had a tooth pulled and was given amoxicillin for 7 days. Not only is my colon back to normal but it's improved to the point that I usually don't have to wipe at all. Saves on toilet paper. My PCP's answer was to see a "butt" doctor or have a colonoscopy, neither of which would have solved the problem. I think I contracted the bacteria from some bad food.