I also get this feeling and I remember getting it when I was younger. I am actslly experiencing this feeling at the moment

Wow I really thought I was the only one! I don’t remember when I last got the fast feeling in my head ( I’m 21) but when I was younger I used to get it couple of times a day. It all started with one special nightmare that I was dreaming every night over and over again. The dream begins with me on an enormous field, so big I can’t see where it stops. And on that field it’s like a small cafe with one table. The chair and the table is made of white porsline. And on that one chair there’s a women but I can’t see her face cause she’s wearing a really big hat. She’s also wearing a dress that looks like it’s from the 1800th. Anyway I don’t talk to her I’m just watching hear from far away. Then all of a sudden everything disappears and everything turns black. It’s like I’m in a vacuum space. And Then big stones, like really really big, starts coming at me and in feelings so small but they never really hit me. I don’t know it’s hard to explain. And during this dream I have this fast feeling. At first it was only in that dream but then I started to get the feeling when I was awake, mostly when i was playing with my toys alone in my room. And all of a sudden my toys starts to move so fast in my head and every noise is like really loud and fast speed but at the same time when I see myself move my doll from a place to another It’s not fast at all. I wasn’t afraid of it as a kid I just thought it was annoying. I remember telling myself stop, everything is not moving fast, just stop. Of course it didn’t help. Anyway I’m glad I’m not the only one!!

Just like everyone else I got the same fast feeling in my head about 3-4 times when I was younger. It feels like your mind is going really fast and your thoughts have a sense of urgency and almost panicky. I even sometimes heard loud noises in my mind like almost sounds of a ringing or ticking of alarm clock. Today I got this feeling again after several years of not experiencing it. I woke up and immediately felt it. I was so afraid and I need to know what this is. It felt fast but somewhat slow motion. It feels like everything is fast and urgent even though you know it’s really not. We need to find out what this is. Even if it’s not frequent, and it only happens every few years, I need to know. I don’t think it’s alice in wonderland syndrome. I don’t think it’s a disease or anything but what is it??? Why don’t you usually hear about it?

I am 15 and I have been having them for as long as I can remember. They are very hard to deal with in high school because I start crying every time it happens. They used to be every once in a while but now, after I went through something traumatic, they happen like once a week. I am so glad to see that it’s not just me going through this because I have talked to all of my friends and family about this and they think I’m weird.

Just a question if anyone has ever felt this.. when you lay down for bed trying to go to sleep but all of a sudden everything feels fast, heart beat feels like it's beating really fast, moving any part of your body feels like your moving really fast, breathing heavy and fast.. any comments or no

Im feeling it right now, can't sleep, waiting for this awful feeling to go away.

Hi I am only 14 but I get the same thing and it is happening right now. I’ve done a lot of research and this is the only thing I can find. For me everything is moving really fast and every noise mind makes it seem faster somehow. I also feel like it’s a million voices screaming at me but I don’t know what they are saying. I don’t think it’s bipolar but I just hope it’s not a serious issue.

I get the exact same thing and have done for years since I was young, now 35. It is much less frequent now. My theory has always been that it is because my brain has somewhat begun to shut down for sleep but I am still awake. So I am still getting all the normal visual and auditory inputs but my brain is half asleep and so can’t process things quick enough to keep up, so everything as a result feels fast and intense. Seems backward but I think it feels fast because the brain is working slowly.

That makes sense... Seems like no one is reseraching this phenomenon. But my logic states that if everything moves slow that means your brain processes fast but don't know the other way around but what you stated would maybe make sense (not a doctor so I don't know). This is just a thought but time (at our speeds) is constant so what about the gaps in time that don't get processed when your brain supposedly process slowly? A good way to test this is to record speech while this is happening. If the speech is fast then your brain might actually work on overdrive and if slow then the theory above makes sense

This is insane I didn't think anyone elses got this it's been happening to me for years and I forgot about for a bit but I'm going through it right now and thought I'd look it up the amount of people that go through this are remarkable...honestly when I was a kid I thought I had super powers ;) I'd try to explain it to my parents and all but noone could grasp what i was talking about good to know I'm not the only one.

I have had this feeling happen to me for as long as I can remember. I'm now turning 41 in a few months. Sometimes it'll happen a couple times a week. Or Just a couple times a month. I'm so relieved to know that its not just me. I've never heard of anyone else experiencing anything similar to what I was feeling. For me, luckily, I've always had my experiences when I'm alone. There's usually no warning to when the feeling will happen. And it doesn't matter really what I'm doing at the time. But I find when this feeling comes its usually when I'm really stressed out. Or I have not been sleeping well. And it's almost always when I'm there is a consistent rhythm to a noise in my surroundings. It could be the hum of a fan when I'm trying to sleep. The flow of water as I'm doing dishes. Its almost like hypnosis in that aspect. But suddenly in super aware of everything in my surroundings. The way I feel. The way everything sounds. The air around touching my skin. Smells. Taste. Then everything feels like its just jumped into overdrive. My thoughts, my movents, my Heartbeat, my breathing,the things I hear. Its all happening at a ridiculously fast pace. It feels like my entire world has been thrown into fast forward. And there have been times where I've had the complete opposite experience.... Where everything is going in super slow motion. My limbs feel like they weigh a thousand pounds. I can usually make these feelings stop or at least slow down if I break the silence. Change the sounds around me. If I put on music or turn on the t.v. what ever rhythmic notice I was listening to beforehand just needs to stop. There are times when this just doesn't help. Merely slows it down. Then I just need to find a way to busy myself until it goes away.

I’m so glad to see that I’m not alone with this feeling! It’s truly so odd, it happens every so often for me, but it’s been happening for years. Normally happens to me when I get quiet, I’ll realize how quiet and alone I feel and everything starts to feel very urgent. And I almost feel as if I’m moving very quickly. Especially the voice in my head, makes me a little anxious. But I remind myself that it’s only a temporary feeling, and that it will pass.

My daughter is 16 and has this same thing we thought it was anxiety but her meds are not helping. Dud u find out what it was?

Cant believe this. Its a relief seeing this forum with all these people experiencing the same fast forward feeling I have since I was a kid. I just had an episode earlier this morning where everything seems to be in a fast forward. Its like your train of thoughts going faster than a bullet train. :(

Since childhood till now that i am 35 same annyoing condition as u said is happening to me from time to time. I searched a lot the only common answer i found is Anxiety Attack. Pls inform me if you know more abt it