I had a mini tummy tuck in 1997 when I was 29. I experienced all the signs being discussed. I was so mad because prior to surgery, my upper abs lppled great. So as the years went on, I was able to manage it a little with my weoght and exercise. NOW...Fast forward 22 yrs and at 51 I am MISERABLE. Up until 5 yrs ago, i hated my upper, but it was nothing like it is now. I went to new PS and he will be performing whats called a REVERSE TUmmy tuck OR REVERSE abdominoplastu and some lipo. I cannot breathe sp!etomes and the bloating only gets worse as you age. Unfortunately the omly cure or fix is surgery. Good luck everyone and GOD bless

That is not true. I have not gained any weight since surgery and experience this same "thick and bulky" abdomen, with unevenness between R and L. The lower has a pouch and my PS recommended lipo to address the uneven bulge and "scar revision" to address to address the lower abdominal pouch which probably means she will remove a bit more skin. I too would like to know if this abdominal thickness will ever go away as well as sensation.