I have a theory, they are using corn syrup in EVERYTHING so it is a highly concentrated form of sugar which irritates my bladder. When I look at the list of foods that bother me it is for sure high levels of sugar. Watch out for ice cream, bread crumbs, cereal, tomato sauces, most candy so many things that have corn syrup in it you won't believe it. Corn is being used for everything and it's not the same corn we ate as children, it's been genetically modified. They are using corn derivitives to cut down on the cost of preparing food. Corn is being fed to the animals too and I even found out that farm raised salmon are fed CORN!!! Something they would never eat out in the sea. It fattens them up and therefore they can charge more for fish. I tend to eat more at home then to eat in a restaurant because who knows where they get their food from, it's all about keeping the cost low to make more profit.

I have a similar problem. I have had this problem for so many years and also was not diabetic. I can eat food with sugar but I think my problem differs in what I drink .If I drink any thing with sugar seems like even sugar substitutes.I pee too frequently and a little at a time sometimes and I feel a weird uncomfortable feeling in my bladder . Water and some artificialy sweetened water products are only thing that helps me . When I was younger I went drinking nothing but water for months and only then I got to a point where I felt totally normal again . I have never done that since so as a result I only maintain a small amount of normalcy and on my worst days I drink lots off water when it gets really bad and it helps.

Same here, and only cheap sugars such as white refined or a chocolate bar, etc. affect me. I take Cranberry Supplements. And it helps but lately, I have to take more supplements. After reading comments about Candida, I will try grapefruit seed extract (which is magic for when I feel yeast infection coming on) And of course, I should avoid sugar 100 percent. But it sometimes is too tempting.

I have been dealing with this for the past two years. After a series of kidney infections and UTIs it intensified. I have narrrowed it down that all sugars and starches including whole grains, fruits and starchy vegetables all aggravate it. I am very disappointed in the doctors response as it really doesn't address what everyone here is talking about. I had a cystoscopy last week and it showed some irritation and another mild UTI. I told the doc that the pain is triggered by sugars and starch, but he said that didn't make sense! I have been dealing with thrush, as well so I suspect some sort of fungal infection, but when I searched for Candida in the urethra it talked about slimy discharge or pink in the urine. I don't have these symptoms. I am so confused and frustrated. I am down to eating meat, nut and seeds and non starchy vegetables. I don't want to live like this forever!

Thanks for the info. I think I have same condition.

does anything with sugar make you pee alot? I ate a yogurt and then realized after I was peeing like crazy it had 14grams of sugar in it!!!

I also experience this pain. It gets so bad that I have to walk on my tippie toes. I have had tests done and they can’t find anything wrong. I’ve noticed it happens every time I drink a soda, it doesn’t matter what kind... it always happens. So I drink a lot of water and may have a soda once a week. The Drs say they don’t know what’s causing my pain. I’m glad It’s just not me and I’m not crazy!

I just read three pages of posts concerning sugar and bladder issues. I have been dealing with the same issues for years and getting all the same negative comments from doctors as all of you have. My situation was complicated by a UTI from a catheter a couple of years ago. After multiple attempts the bacteria was identified and I started on antibiotics. The bacteria was resistent and soon returned. After two years of dealing with this, a doctor I found put me on 750 mg Levaquin for 7 days. Powerful antibiotic for sure and it knocked out the UTI. It has not returned for three months and counting, a new record is set as each day goes by. Through trial and error I now have discovered sugar as the main culprit to bladder spasm greating pain and difficulty while urinating. Stopped sugar (cookies) and in my coffee and problems have disappeared. My issues primarily showed up when I went to bed from sugar with urgency and pain. Long nights with no sleep. Flushed my system with water, which kept me up and used OTC item called AZO for relief of pain and it settled my bladder down. Typically I was better the next day but tired from lack of sleep. Sugar is bad! ~ Henry

stop eating animal protein -it is imflamatory