Have you seen a chiropractor?

Thanks for the reply. I have serious back pain after lifting way to much. Mainly when I swallow and talk. I will give it some time.

Thanks. Great info!

This definitely helped me. I'm going through the same thing right now after moving into a new apartment the last couple of days. It was making me really anxious. Thank you for posting this as now I know what's causing my pain!

yes im experiencing it now,,,, im a hypochondriac so just imagine how anxious i was when i first felt this and this the first time i experienced this in my entire life,,, in my case the pain felt every time i swallow a bit of larger chunks than normal, its sharp and kinda pulsating a bit and stops as quickly as the food passes a part of my esophagus....i injured my trapezius 2 days ago when i picked my crashed bike up. its started as an isolated pain on my traps yesterday and pain during swallowing just today

Thanks that's sounds like what I'm feeling right now albeit more of and itch than pain.

Thank u my back hurts right now and when I swallow my food been like this now for 2 weeks

Hallo i had also pain by swallowing for 1 year,visited so many Doktors and i also dont know what to do

Got the same sh*t. Started a week after I went to some Marshall arts. When eating, i feel crashing pain on my chest and upper back. Kinda of anxious but after reading this , i will wait a little bit before going to the doctor.

I hAve the same pain when I drink cold liquids... like the exact same pain. What did the doctor say it was?

I wanted to add onto this so you know what I’m saying. Whenever I drink anything that is cold I get a shooting pain down my left, upper back. It’s a very fast pain. This has been going on for 2 days. What could be causing this?

Do you still have your issue? If not, how long did it last? I've been going on 10 weeks now and can not figure it out- no doctors can either

I have the same thing and it's been going on for two months! I had a barium swallow that was clear, and I had an endoscopy last November that was also clear. I do suffer from GERD but I don't feel like I'm having a flare up and I tried taking Dexilant for a month and it did nothing. The doctor also gave me an SSRI to try in case it was stress related, but it did nothing and I hated the way it felt so I am tapering off it. I did do lots of mountain biking right before it started, plus I do Zumba with lots of arm movements. I took a bit of a break from Zumba and it had slowly been getting better but then I was traveling and carried a heavy suitcase and now it's back with a vengeance. It does make swallowing very uncomfortable and it feels a bit "choky" sometimes - but food seems to always go down so I don't think it's blocked, just that it "feels" tighter than usual. It only hurts in one specific spot - behind my right shoulder blade. If you press on one particular spot near there, it kills. I do suffer from costochondritis from time to time, but it never gave me this swallowing symptom. I am seeing my gastroenterologist in a couple of weeks.

Can you email me so I can talk to you about the same symptoms I have been having with multiple tests as well?!

_removed_