New Reply New Topic Followed by 13 people

No its the chips not the vinegar

I have the same issues. Sometimes my chest would tighten up and it was so uncomfortable until it passed. I never knew what was wrong w me until I got a skin test. Come to find out, I am highly allergic to vinegar, dairy, beef, shellfish, onions, brewers yeast which is in all alcohol and wine, bananas, mold and the list goes on... I would recommend getting a skin test done by your doctor. Immediately I changed what I ate and have zero issues. You may have an allergy to more foods than just vinegar. Good luck.

I have the same problem and doctors don't no why

My face gets overheated and I sweat when I eat too much vinegar (~10-15 tablespoons) too. I actually kinda enjoy the feeling and have no problems with it.

i also swell up the next dayh after vinegar. I also have candida yeast allergies and avoid yeast and other favorite candida foods, such as vinegar, and also legumes, bread, too much dairy especially cheese. more greens -dandelion and dandelion drops, dandelion root ground or in nubs form help the liver. also go on a low phosphorous diet and utterly eliminate gmo foods which means also eventually where your body is cleaned up somewhat from roundup and formaldehyde from the gmo soy

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Also take a great deal more vitamin c. Whereas this in small amounts is a yeast food, in larger amounts, more than 10,000 mgs daily (i'm not certain of the amount) it is a very good antiseptic/antibiotic while also adding more lacto bacilus to your diet such as the capsules and high quality organic or non gmo yogurts.

Your condition probably has been aggravated by the animal pharma in the feed lot live stock feed and the growth hormones they're given as well as the gmo + herbicides and formaldehyde in the gmo soy. Those chemistries remain robust across physiological boundaries and have been a key reason for the candida problems now more ubiquitous than years ago.

Dr. Atkins as far back as 1972 was addressing candida problems and dedicated an entire chapter on it and avoiding yeast, however a root of the problem was then and is now what the livestock are fed and what other if any pharma is administered to them that will foul with your body chemistry and aggrevate the candida that live in your body, causing them to plume.

I too have many of the symptoms I am reading about in many of these posts.
I have done much research on this over the past 20 years. Food companies can't be trusted. There are so many chemical products used in the foods we all Love!
Petroleum products are used in the making of many vinegar's! Preservatives, food coloring, sulfites - these things in many of our foods, and are not meant for human consumtion, our bodies are looking to expel them as quickly as we consume them, (hence, the sweating) It is very frustrating, n become a full time job in reading every label before eating anything.

How long can it take to clear up an allergic rash ?

I had a really bad reaction tonight i went to eat some prawns with vinegar on and the next thing i couldnt breath then i started coughing but couldnt catch my breath i couldnt breath in my chest went all tight and like hot pins and needles in it also my arms i have never been so scared in my life I ended up once i had calmed down having some of my randsons inhaler the whole thing lasted about 20 minutes

Any condiment containing vinegar I get muscle tics throughout the upper body. As though I'm being used as a pin cushion. Now BBQ sauce is starting the same thing.
Pain is similar to hitting ur funny bone at times others feel like electro shock now these last for the day. Very rare to last more than a day

I, since I was young have always started to sweat heavily when I consume vinegar or Oranges, it has never really bothered me as the sweating stops within a few minutes after eating, and my GP told me when I was young that it was quit common and nothing to worry about.

realladyb.....Yeah, I think acid might be a part of the problem. I am a fair-skinned caucasian and have very dry skin, but I have the same problem as you do...and for about 25 years. I don't know if there is a cure other than to avoid certain foods and drinks. If I drink orange juice, I break out in painful hives on my back and chest. Sodas, mustard, bbq sauce, ketchup, tomato sauces, coffee, tea, and fruit juices all make me itch in one place or another. Basically, I drink water. Only recently have I realized that vinegar is another culprit to avoid. My doctor once told me I "might" have a problem with preservatives. Which ones? All? Who knows? Seems the older I get, the more foods I have to avoid. Is your skin dry? I recently discovered that putting sun block on my skin daily is a great moisturizer that alleviates some of the dryness. It's thicker than regular body lotion. Hope you get helpful answers.

Hi, I am 49YO and have enjoyed vinegar all my life until now. It started about 1 yr ago that I noticed a weird scalp tingling and itching within minutes of eating a salad with Balsalmic vinegrette or any other food with heavy vinegar.
I now have that same reaction with only a small amount of mustard on a burger. So, it appears to be escalating. I have not had formal testing but am considering a visit with my doctor. I am sensitive to MSG (migraine HA) and have been avoiding that since noticing that in college days. I understand there may be a connection.

Me! Me! Me!

Exactly the same happened to me yesterday at home, I started eating an onion and the vinegar went down my throat and within seconds my throat had totally closed, I couldn't breath in or out it was a very frightening experience, I couldn't even drink water to flush it away. but within a minute or two my throat slowly opened. Never ever again am I eating pickled products.