Hi, I know this is an old post, but just wanted to say, I had my gall bladder out about 8 yrs ago, and still get the same pain every now and again. I got rushed into hospital last week, had a scan and bloods, but we're all clear so sent home. I've googled pain after gall bladder removal and apparently it's very common but no one seems to know why.

It sounds crazy, but floating in a warm bath immediately took my gallbladder pain away. Nothing else touched the pain - ibuprofen, acetaminophen, water, tums, changing positions - but the warm bath was like a miracle. Now as soon as I got out of the water it came back but for some immediate relief from the hours of pain, the bath was a relief. The pain was truly worse than labor in childbirth!

Yes this helps me a lot.... just had 2 glasses and my pain is going away as I type.... I hate these attacks..... I've had 3 c sections and this is the worst pain I've ever had