my girlfriends had a water infection for a few months and i was wondering if it could be something more serious as i am really worried about her. she has took lots of cystitis medicine, drank lots of water and drank loads of cranberry juice and i just wanted to find out whether anyone knows what it could be or if she should go to the doctors again. she has been once and they said its a water infection but it still hasnt gone

You're unlucky. Unfortunately that's all there is to it.

Yes is it normal for a 16 year old to get water infections. i'm 16 and i first had mine when i was in year 2 or something! i have had them a lot recently, last year i had them every month and i currently have one now too. don't worry, they can be cured. all it takes is some antibiotics.

yes she needs to go again, after taking antibiotics it should have gone a long time ago. go again and explain that she's had one for a few months even after medicines and lots of water. they will probably only give her more antibiotics, if they don't work, go again and again untill they do something about it. if she doesn't carry on going when she still has the infection then they arn't going to know that the antibiotics havn't worked. if you keep mithering them, they will do something about it!

english lessons needed here.wow.... I have a wound on my leg for 5 months-staph- and ALL the symptoms above

Hi guys I have the same symptoms so I did some reasearch and this is what I got .......

A water infection is a UTI (urinary tract infection).

An infection in the bladder, much more common in women as the tube into the bladder (urethra) is much shorter than in men

it is often caused when you are not eating or drinking enough. it is where bacteria builds up in your stomache and as you are not eating or drinking enough it doesn't wash out when you go to the toilet.

so all the bacteria causes stomache aches.

The best thing you can do is get pain killers and see a docter.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

I get exactly the same really hurts wat isit??