Oh, ok, you're an MD and are unaware that Adderall increases serotonin? Even the pharmacist told me this not to mention a real psychiatrist, my doctor. You see, I take effexor along with Adderall on top of four other meds to manage my bp1. Now because effexor AND Adderall cause an increase in the neurotransmitter serotonin I have to remain cognizant of how I'm feeling and recognize if I develop a complication due to too much serotonin. But you knew that.

You're clearly not a psychiatrist, and most certainly not an MD. Nice try, though. At the very best you have a degree in Psychology. Now stop acting like you know a thing about the MOA of amphetamines, because they most certainly affect serotonin.

Thanks. I just started adderall two weeks ago for ADHD. I'm 67 and thought I had dementia, but aced those tests. And also aced two ADHD tests from two different doctors. I was prescribed 10 mg adderall in the am, but only take 5 mg as an experiment because I often over-react to drugs at regular adult doses. On 5 mg I am so relaxed I just sit around all day enjoying being relaxed, sleep is amazing, breathing is better, depression is gone, slightly more energy (or maybe its just a feeling of well-being), but I feel a bit swimmy-headed, (and lack motivation). I'm enjoying being so relaxed, but wonder if I should go ahead and take 10 mg.

That was quite impolite

Get off your high horse and just fill the prescriptions. Some people on here are idiots but when someone says a they want a certain pill it’s because some brands can make you feel bad and some brands work better. Every batch is different but some brands are more consistent. You should know that. Generic is only required to have a certain percentage of the active ingredient and based on what fillers are used and how much of the active ingredient is present is different from month to month in some cases. I’ve experienced c**p feeling from Arubo one month and good the next. Some people say the manufacture Teva for adderall sucks and I think they are good. I wish the folks making the laws would require formula to be the same as the original patent cause insurance now say o they have a generic. I don’t mind taking a generic but my son i pay for name brand cause I’m not gonna have him deal with better or worse quality from month to month

Thank you for your professional output. Ding ding ding! You must be one cool and hip Psych. The world needs more people like you. Hopefully you teach others in your field one day. Have a great day!