Hi Nicole g. My name is Debbie. I had a bed stomach virus in August 2017 that resulted in a 1 time auto immune response and attacked my phrenic nerve. I met with dr Kaufman and he recommended dr brown who confirm my right phrenic nerve was dead and resulted in a raised paralyzed Diaphram. Unfortunately I am having trouble with saturation levels. I also contracted bilateral viral pneumonia and bronchitis with in the next 6 months which is making it hard to to function. I too went thru a bunch of tests trying to rule out other diseases and autooimmunes because of the need of supplemental oxygen. I m am so glad I read your story I Feel so alone. I noticed this was written over a year ago can you please reply if your husband ever did surgery with dr Kaufman and what was the outcome. Hoping for good news !! My email ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of private e-mails is not allowed *** *** all questions should be discussed on our website *** Please read our Terms of Use​ Please respond soon !!

I was in an accident last Friday and was released from hospital saying I’m fine. Constant headache, dizziness, nausea, back numbness and now numbness under my left Breast has me searching. I feel myself breathing now, feel my heart skipping beats and my blood pressure has gone from norm of 110/54 to 148/100. Went to ED and they said I have post concussion syndrome. I’m very concerned because of the numbness is my thoracic region. Best news was that CT was clear. Not sure why I’m having these scary symptoms.

I have phrenic nerve palsy bilateral which means both sides are paralyzed. It started out i had trouble sleeping on my back, it was difficult to breath, my doctor told me to quit smoking so I did, but it just got worse finally I when to a pulmonary Dr. who said he had seen this beforehand it was rare, he then sent me to a neurologist and after a several test it was determined that my Phrenic nerve was paralyzed. the neurologist pretty much told me to live with it, my stomach mussels help me breath all the time with causes abdominal paid and at night I use a bi-pap machine to breath. Im not sure but I have a rash on my lower back and I think it also has something to do with this condition, things I used to do with ease now are more difficult, walking up hill, up stairs, and even flat ground can sometimes be a challenge. I am now looking at diaphragmatic pacing or phrenic nerve reconstruction by Dr. Kafman in NJ, my neurologist told me to be weary of Hollywood Doctors but what would he do if he had what I have. I suspect the same thing I am doingI hope your friend doesn't have what I have because it sucks. they say if it is your phrenic nerve go into a swimming pool up to your chest if it is your phrenic nerve you won't be able to breather at least it will be difficult.

Please contact me ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** posting of private information such as name, phone number or email address is not allowed in order to protect your privacy*** Please read our Terms of Use in reference to phrenic nerve issue

New Member
1 post
so, what are the results? i have same problems ,from an old whiplash, not sure what to do? thanks, Andy