This post is an extension of the

Orange Oil-like droplet in stool thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

OK I've been reading for an hour. Here are the common denominators:
1. Eating a c**p (pun intended) load of CASHEWS (had a zip lock bag full today)
2. Having eaten fish lately (e.g. I had a big chunk of Cod a few days ago)
3. Am on a low carb diet (diets for idiots)
4. I have been exercising extra hard for 4 days now.

The one thing I haven't read (and I wonder if it is a factor) I have also been taking Whey protein.

I'm no Doctor...but I think we'll live!

Orange ya glad I posted this reply?! :-D

Have you eaten any Fancy fish? A big culprit is escolar whicj is also sold as sable, butterfisj and chilean sea bass because its so rich and buttery tasting it can pass for the more expenxie types.
It causes sever cramps an an oily almost plasic coating to discharge, It cab also cause incontinance. Its so oily it just runs out, It leaves an orange plastic like fluid that will permanantly stain clothes. All tthat can be done is ride it out, No cure but it only lasts a couple days,

I use lipodrene which is an ephedera based fat burner. I never had a problem but I did the Master Cleanse and stopped taking them for a 2 week period. I started eating again a week ago and no problem. I started back on the lipodrene at 1 a day and all was normal, next day 2 a day and last night oily stool started. I had Sushi that night and lunch consisted of a a mixture because it was buffet style. If this consist throughout tomorrow I'm going to stop the lipodrene and see if anything changes. I will update accordingly

I'm a 33 y/o female and have been around this block a few times. I had gallbladder disease, gallstone pancreatitis, and a few other bouts of blocked bile ducts back in 2002, plus I'm now on Alli for weight loss. So I've encountered the oily oranges a few times. In fact just had an occurrence today. So I googled it out of curiosity.

The answer is simple, the reasons are complex.

Oil in the stool simply means you are eating more fat than your intestines can absorb.

Reasons:

Sudden large spike in the amount of fat you consume (certain fish or nuts). Intestines can't keep up. Not necessarily a bad thing as I mention below.

Taking certain diet pills or other medications that block fat (Alli is one of these). As I understand it, if you keep your fat intake low (like 15 grams per day), you reduce the chances of this side effect.

An Actual medical problem such as Gallbladder disease or Pancreatitis, etc which usually accompanies other symptoms such as pain or vomiting.

If it's not due to a medical reason, then I suppose some could take solace in the knowledge that that bit of oil won't get added as unwanted weight gain.

Hopefully I've cleared the waters and not muddied them. :-)

A couple of nights ago I had an oil flood while letting off and completely soaked my boxers. The oil was orangy, smelly and it stained my pants.
I was at the time on board a ship doing some work and was fed some tasty white fish for lunch and dinner and this for a couple of days.
This was the first time and it freaked me out as I thought something was wrong with my liver of pancreas but I had no pains or discomfort in my digestive system.
The discharge is less today and I expect it to be away soon so no need to worry. Thanks to all who posted their experiences. It has certainly put my mind at ease.

So, I've been avidly reading these posts. About a week ago, I got up and suddenly felt a mildish, sort of strained muscle feeling under my right rib cage - where my gall bladder, pancreas and liver are all located. Still, not really painful, just sort of like a small muscle spasm. Fast forward to this week, Monday night I had escolar in a fancy restaurant and about three glasses of wine. Rough night digestively and I definitely had diarrhea in the morning. Muscle pain still present but no worse. Last night, I had a couple of drinks and cheese with crackes. This morning- orange oil droplets in the stool. I freaked! There weren't so many but this has never happened before and so of course I began to self diagnose via the internet reading that chronic pancreatitis is the probable cause for the orange droplets. I do have at least one drink a night and smoke too. Anyway, I was relieved to learn escolar is a leading cause of this although I'll be at a gastroenterologist next week (first apptmt I could get). No more drinking for me until pancreatitis is ruled out and after that, I've learned my lesson - major cutting down of alcohol. At least I'll lose weight. I'll post back when I learn what the DX is.

hey guys , this may be a little graphic but i woke up this morning with the exact same thing. I am 18 and yesterday morning went downstairs got a large bag of monkey nuts ( unsalted peanuts ) and could not control myself eating 3/4 of the bag. I know these have a very high fat content but couldnt stop. low and behold i woke up to this and this is the graphic part when i went to the toilet my stool was full of undigested nuts. i talked to my family they have all experienced the same thing at some stage in their life so i think we will live : ) . .. i felt like initially writing a will this morning . thank god for the internet

I guess like most of the rest of you, I I Googled "orange oil in stool" and found this site along with many others o.O

My wife and I had the "orange oil syndrom" 1 week ago. Now my wife has it again and I don't. I eat more nuts then her, so I do not think it is that. The caretaker for my mother, who lives with us, had the same thing 3 weeks ago and then it happened to him again last night. He is going to the doctor today, since he is also having pain. Neither my wife, or I have any pain connected with this.

We have never had anything like this before. We live in Los Angeles. Could there be something in the water? Odd to ask this, but it is impossible to pinpoint what is causing this :-(

Funny as it seems... ive been off NEXIUM for about 3 months (changed to normal omeprazole cause its cheaper)... i started to take nexium like 3 days ago... today my stools looked like it had orange oil... on of the first post in this thread back in 07... someone started to take nexium and this happened... also im taking fish oil pills too... i think this is what is happening...

I had never had this happen until this weekend. I have been worried to death! I'm getting better, though, as the days go on, but I couldn't help but wonder what had this effect on me. After reading the previous thread, I read that Escolar (fish) could cause this! Amazingly, on Friday (3 days ago) I tried my first Escolar sandwich that was 6 oz. (it was huge!) and I ate the entire thing in a two day span (one day for lunch and leftovers the next day for lunch) I have a feeling that beause I did this two days in a row, it had a huge effect on me.

I've also heard orange roughy can do that as well and a variety of other fish!

Guest wrote:

Honestly you know it turns out it can also be congealed fat. If you have eaten something with Olestra or Olean in it, that's also a way to get orange in your feces. But it is harmless. Are you doing okay now?

I've recently been under a lot of stress, and when I am I just don't eat as much. The last few days a few friends and I would grab a few drinks after work. Lately my stool has been orange and liquid. What the heck is going on? Are these factors directly relational?

Thank god I found the original thread of this post because I was freaked out. I've started low carb diet 5 days ago and I was having extreme amount of nuts (good fats, right). Four days ago I had 3/4 bottle (not cup) of Emerald cashews followed by 3/4 bottle of cashew the next day (I had plenty because it's BOGO), 1/2 bottle next day and yesterday I had 1/3 bottle of Emerald mixed nuts. Guess what, this am I had tons of orange droplets coming out everytime I passed gas and my stool was very mushy. Undigested nuts I guess.

Bottom line, good fats are still fats and like anything else, we should have them in moderation. I've learned my lesson!

Hello from Greece - Salonika.. Yesterday in ate a greek fish called '' galeos'' which seemed to have a lot of fat..after sleeping for a while , i woke up and felt a little bit like having a full stomach and especially at night i almost couldn't eat anything else..However, in the morning i was just fine and ate cereal with milk..at noon i ate spaggeti (3 o clock)and i felt perfect. Suddenly at 8 o clock (29hours after eating the fish) and without having any pain i observed orange oily liquid in my pants and i was terrified.. an hour later i felt like wanting to poop and even though i didn't have any diarrhea, i observed Orange Oil-like droplet in stool, floating 2-3 orange drops. I hope it will pass soon because it is really annoying..