im fifteen, and i only had one on my right boob. i bont know what it was but i guess im just curious. it was kind of stiff?

I have these hairs on my stumack they only apear now and again I don't get loads but they do seem to be around my stretch marks on my belly and breasts. But mostly my belly xx

Hello . even I have these thread like things . it is near root of the hair but have never given birth or never got pregnant . it is mostly in cleavage area . is it to do with my big boobs ?

Omg this fits my situation exactly right now! Lol Thank You!

Yes! You are the only one who describes exactly what I have! Do we know what it is yet??

Me too! Freaked me out because it looked like there was 6 I’m one follicle.

Firstly, I think there are several different symptoms of different things. Some are sebaceous filaments. Some are vellus hairs. Some are clogged pores due to sebum (caused by hormonal fluctuations, heredity, or just bad luck), sweat, tight clothing, friction or a combination. Some sound like ingrown hairs. Some of the blackheads sound like darker hairs that will come out like a blackhead because the follicles are not as tight as others. Some might be fungus or yeast related.

That’s why there is no answer. There are lots of answers. Almost everyone has weird hair somewhere, blemishes, abnormalities and insecurities due to these imperfections.

If you are too embarrassed to ask your doctor/derm or an esthetician, get over it. If you think your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse/whom ever will think you’re gross because you’re imperfect, you’re likely very wrong. If you’re right, find someone better and/or get therapy, solo or as a couple. That’s not a real relationship.

And for the super young among you, there are so many more disgusting things you will see as you age (I’m only in my 30s, just for the record) or become pregnant or take care of children, who are also often gross. Embrace reality. Ditch your shallow sexual partners if they make you feel bad about yourself.

Hair can be waxed or lazered easily. Exfoliate gently with mandelic, glycolic and salicylic acids. Try dry brushing.
Eating well and exercising helps EVERYTHING. Get blood tests - ask for a full panel - hormones, metabolic, vitamins/minerals, blood cell count, STDs (while you’re there), just do it. Don’t worry about grossing out a professional; we love this stuff, and we’ve seen worse.

Oh yeah, there’s always trichostasis spinulosa. It’s no biggie. Tons of people have it, just google it. Then ask a Derm.

Same here, weird isn't it...

I never had a kid and I have them

This makes sense, I haven't been eating alot because I've been sick and my throat hurt too much to eat. I just noticed one of these hairs today after two days of not eating very much.

I am a male and have been noticing these increasingly on my thighs and hips; small, white and almost fibrous hairs that can easily be pulled out with my fingernails. Whilst i suffer from an Eating Disorder, it is definitely not the typical down (vellus) hair that is associated with the illness. I have searched everywhere and whilst I'm not concerned, i am curious as to the cause of these hairs.

OMG SAME! It's just one long strand that's grows super fast

I have them on my breast alot of them i also get them all over my stomach mainly in my stretchmark areas

Pcos? Maybe check into that