a tanning bed definitely helped with my eczema problem. i had a scaly, itchy patch on my foot and stuck my foot in a tanning bed for 10 minutes and the scaly patch soon went away and didn't return.
I have been using a tanning bed for about two years now and am now able to sleep at night without the itching and scratching and blood on the sheets. May not work for everyone but it certainly worked for me.

I too suffer from it and last year was the worst ever. Nothing worked until last summer I made it a point to get lots of sun and it worked to some degree. I've had the condition since birth (1960) and as I got older, it's gotten worse. I recently joined a gym and they have a stand-up type sun bed with a max time of 8 minutes. I've used it 4 times so far and what was left of my eczema is gone. That said, I also am watching what I eat to keep allergens to a minimum. Itch is just about gone too. win/win.