Police not fooled by strip club's 'art night'

BOISE: An Idaho strip club that attempted to get around a ban on full nudity by giving patrons sketch pads for special "art nights" was cited for violating the city's nudity rules, officials say.

The citation was issued on Monday night to the Erotic City Gentleman's Club in Boise, Idaho.

Boise allows full nudity for "serious artistic" expression only, so the club handed out pencils and sketch pads to patrons so they could sketch naked women.

A police spokeswoman said officials concluded, however, that patrons were not focused on art, so officers cited three dancers for violations of the city nudity ordinance.

"The case is being reviewed by the Boise city attorney for the possibility of future citations," said spokeswoman Lynn Hightower.

Erotic City owner Chris Teague called the citations a violation of the civil rights of the dancers, as well as an "insult to the patrons".

But the club would suspend 'art night' until the matter was settled in court.

at least they didn't hand out fingerpaints...

Idaho is one uptight state. A no nudity law? Seriously?

"Hey, we're back! I brought my pencil - gimme something to write on!"

See you in the penalty box. :P

Yeah, taking a shower is very unpleasant there...You don't quite get that "spring fresh" feeling, you know?

I drove through Idaho once. Nice potatoes.
ba-dump-bump.

I drove through Idaho once. Nice potatoes. ba-dump-bump.
:umno: You're ready for Comedy Central's Premium Blend!

What do you think the Teacher is going to look like this year!!!