Hi. My brother suffers from bipolar disorder. He was prescribed with Lamictal. I would like to hear more about that drug. Is there anybody who could tell me something about Lamictal interactions and side effects?

Hi. I suffer from epilepsy and I take Lamictal to treat my seizures. Lamictal interacts with other drugs used in the treatment of seizures. For example, birth control pills may decrease the amount of Lamictal in your body. Also, Lamictal can increase the effects of other drugs, such as antidepressants and pain killers. If you take these meds with Lamictal, some serious side effects may occur, such as sedation or dizziness. Possible side effects of Lamictal include dizziness, blurred vision, nausea and vomiting, headache and a lack of coordination. These side effects are less serious. More serious side effects of Lamictal include life-threatening rash and hypersensitivity reactions, skin rash, fever, hives, swelling of your lips, tongue or face and sores in your mouth.

arabella wrote:

I take it for my "bipolar" state of mind and the people around me say that I do better while I'm on it so...that's what they say. To be honest, I feel the same way. I think what I/we have is something not curable by conventional medicine but something that has to be worked through internally. Being bipolar isn't detrimental once you learn to control it. I guess that's where the lamactil comes into play. I suggest your bro start trying to heal himself using mental strategies and self-awareness meditations as he uses the Lamactil. But hopefully he will get to the point where he will not need it anymore because he will be better then he was before. Any questions, email me. ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use