Hi. I am suffering from bipolar disorder. I am taking Lamictal to treat my condition. I would like to hear something about Lamictal effects. How exactly does it work?

Hi. Nobody knows how Lamictal really works. Medical experts believe that Lamictal has effect on chemicals in your brain which are involved in seizures and in bipolar disorder. I am on Lamictal too, but I suffer from NES. In some really rare cases Lamictal is related with severe life-threatening rashes. If you notice any kind of a skin rash, allergy-like symptoms and sores in your mouth, you should seek emergency medical help. Some people suffering from seizures may experience increasing frequency of seizures while taking Lamictal. I have to wear my medical identification tag all the time. Lamictal can make you feel dizzy. It can also cause blurred vision and poor concentration.

I started taking Lamictal for Bi-Polar 2 disorder. I was severely depressed adn angry all the time. I started on Lamictal and at first it made me feel a bit foggy. The side efffects go away, and severe effects like rash are VERY rare. So stick with it. I feel OK for the first time in my life. No depresssion, no anger just NORMAL. I wasn't sure there was such a thing.