I am about to visit New York City. Since I am a passionate rider I am thinking of riding a bike in the city. I am going by plane so I cant take my own bike with me. I would like to know are there any bike rentals in New York City?

Good idea. Contrary to popular belief, NYC is a great place to ride. There are about 25 miles of off-street trails around Manhattan along the Hudson River Greenway. You can ride along the trail, bridges, and the city streets. Also you can take bikes on the ferries and go to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. You can find rentals of mountain bikes, road bikes, cruisers, tandems, child tag-alongs and trailers every day. You can get self-guided tours with free maps as well. Price includes bike rental and helmet. Helmets are required for all riders. Bike rental shop open: Mar-May: 9am-7pm, June-Aug: 8am-8pm, Sept-Nov: 9am-7pm.