I have always been fascinated with the swimming olympic medalists. I mean, being the best in the world! Can you imagine that? I wonder who the oldest olympic swimming medalist is. I am not sure and both, my sister and friend have different opinions so we end up arguing each time this subject comes up in our discussion.

I can tell you just who the first Men Olympic winners in Athens 1896 were. They were: Malokinis Ioannis (100m freestyle for sailors Men), Hajos Alfred (100 and 1200 m freestyle for Men), and Paul Neumann (400m freestyle Men). As for women, the oldest records I have are dated back to Olympic Games held in Stockholm in 1912. The gold medal winners were: Fanny Durack (100m freestyle Women), Isabella Mary Moore, Jenny Fletcher, Annie Speirs, Irene Steers (400m freestyle relay Women). I hope that this has helped you to avoid further arguments with your sister and friend.