Users comments and reviews on article Relationships: Reactions to Emotionally Irrational Behavior by Margaret Paul, Ph.D.

yOU CAN GO TO TALk TO SOMONE ThAT hAS BEEN ThROUGh ThE SAME ThiNG.

The best advice though hard to act on. Leaving the person you care about to sort themselves out.

My adult daughter cuts me off whenever I try to communicate with her-I live overseas and am in my seventies -came a long way to touch base with my family and my daughter in her fifties always seems to want to dredge up the past which is largely imagined wrongs whereas I am a person who looks to the future and moves on. I have tried again recently and she kept trying to blame me for seemingly everything that had gone wrong with her life -eventually telling me to go to Hell-was verbally abusive
I am so hurt and I know she must be miserable.
Her father died 8 years ago -we had been married for nearly fifty years. What more can I do -I am not as well as I was and feel helpless as I no longer have much time to leave her to sort herself out.