It took me a while but I finally got through all 24 episodes. Each episode is about 21-22 minutes long, including the intro, so all in all you get about 6 hours of entertainment. At $35, it's not a bad deal.

The first disc started out very slowly. I watched more than a few episodes in which I didn't even crack a smile. I was fearing major disappointment, but the entertainment value picked up as the season progressed. Several of the first episodes seemed to be concentrating on making some moral more prevalent than the humor. The moral was always presented in a little too much of a clear cut way. Here's the story, here's what was done wrong, this is what a character should do to fix it. These episodes were predictable to say the least.

After about 5 episodes, it seemed like the true Simpsons' style began to show itself. Some crude jokes, some great jokes, and some very nicely crafted puns. The third season was host to an array of reappearing characters from the first two seasons. If you've seen the previous two years, you will more than likely appreciate the references to prior episodes. While I wouldn't say this is the funniest season thus far, it did have a heartwarming feeling to it, and was entertaining even when I wasn't laughing.

As a whole, this is a definite must own for any Simpsons fan. If you enjoy the occasional Simpsons, I'd recommend either the first or second season before this one. And if you don't like the Simpsons, you wouldn't like this. (DUH)

I've had this DVD for quite some time now (since the day it came out), but i still haven't gotten around to watching any of the episodes. Maybe i should.

PH, if you use Netflix, they should have it.

I've avoided the first two seasons because they were too Bart-based. It wasn't until they realized what kind of goldmine that had with Sir Homer is when it started being 'classic' to me...

So which is it? Bart based? or Homer-friendly?

I would say it is more Homer-friendly. Most of the episodes had Homer as the central character. The story usually revolved around him, but I don't know if that's necessarily what you meant. Bart does still have a large part, and a good bit of the jokes are developed through him. I thought Lisa had a pretty big role as compared to previous editions also.