Hi, my sister had postpartum stroke, and I want to know how can it be prevented and is it inherited in family?

Women who get post partum stroke usually have no previous neurological deficit . It affects women who are delivered abdominally or by inducing conduction anesthesia. Causes of stroke can be cerebral infarction in arterial or veins part, intracerebral hemorrhage, cerebritis, and cerebral atrophy. The stroke can occur 3 days or even a month post partum. Headache, seizures, visual change, and hemiparesis were the most common symptoms manifested before stroke. But, there was no underlying pathologic condition that would predict of ultimate maternal outcome. Cocaine may induce hemorrhage in brain, and anatomic malformations are also seen as cause which was not formerly be known by doctors.