I need some info regarding post-partum bleeding. I am still bleeding after 4 weeks of delivery and during the first days after delivery my post-partum bleeding was light red colored and now it is much darker something like dark pink or even sometimes yellow-whitish. All this has concerned me very much for back there in the hospital I have heard some story about postpartum hemorrhage and am afraid know does this mine prolonged post-partum bleeding could be a sign of some more serious condition so would like to here what are the symptoms of postpartum hemorrhage? Thanks!

Hi there! I had labor six months ago and my post-partum bleeding lasted for about 6 weeks and this is normal post-partum bleeding period and I think there is nothing you should be afraid of for all the symptoms you have described are normal during post-partum bleeding period. So if you don’t have the following situation manifested in prolonged light red bleeding (which is not your case), discharge smelling badly and heavy bleeding followed by high fever than it is more likely you have a normal post-partum bleeding that is commonly known as lochia. Anyway s for the symptoms of postpartum hemorrhage they are-massive blood loss in large clots form especially and constant fatigue and dizziness-so it is likely you don’t have these problems and you might relax for I think within a week or two you would be done with this post-partum bleeding and all would get back to normal.

its been more and six weeks since i delivered...i had stopped bleeding at five weeks and now at the beginging of the seventh week i am bleeding again. just like a regular period, with slight back ache and bright red bleeding with slight clots. is this normal ? i am very worried!