I have a 10 year old Trimline 7200.1 treadmill that is a workhorse and has worked great for 10 years. It recently went on the fritz, and a repairman said that I need a new controller board and 2 new DDM cables (a total cost of over $600.00). Should I just replace the treadmill with a new one? (I could probably get a new SOLE treadmill for about $1,800). I put about 1,400 - 1,700 miles per year on the treadmill, so I am more than a "casual" runner. The repairman even said that replacing these parts may not fix the problem (essentially, he told me he is just "guessing" at what the problem is).

Any advice would be appreciated.

its up to you, i dont like treadmills because the main part of running is generating forward motion which you dont do with a treadmill along with i like the scenery of an outdoor run. i say save a couple hundred bucks and buy a high end jumprope for 30 bucks when you cant run outside for whatever reason.

Depends on the maintenance done on it in the past, ie lubrication on the deck. Decks that get running grooves will ruin the motor as well as wear out the tread.

My advice is obvious: hire someone to take it to the dump, that is, the local transfer station. It’ll cost you, but the relief of getting rid of an unwanted object will be worth it. Some stuff recycles, some stuff doesn’t, and one just has to live with that.