I'm going to buy a treadmill! My commute to my new job is over an hour. :( I decided against another gym membership because all I use at the gym is the track and sometimes the pool...although it has served me well.

For those of you who own them, what brand do you own and do do you like it? Play It Again Sports has Weslow, Proform, and Horizon Fitness in stock. They're still pretty expensive, so I want to make sure I'm making a good purchase.

I'm curious to see what you can get too and what's recommended. I like the one's at the gym (Precor models). I have always wanted a treadmill for the home and want something good, reliable, durable, etc. I have thought about getting the kind you see at the gym, but have held off. I know it would be used...it's just very expensive.

I really don't have any advice, but let us know what kind you choose. I'd like to have one someday and want to make an informed choice also. I'd love to have one like the gym has. Heart rate, incline and speed.....

sure! it looks as if i'm going with the gym membership, though. My mom has a tread she's willing to loan for a while. It's ok. I liked the Horizon Fitness...it was loaded...unlike my mom's. but free is free is free. Shelly

Play It Again Sports. The loaded models there are priced about the same as the base Nordic Trak tread. Still a lot of $$$. Around 800.

You know, Shel, I've had a ProForm for going on two years now, and it has worked great. I think we paid roughly $800 for it, and got it at Sears. It's been perfect so far.

me too...I bought a warranty also which gets me regular mainentance and a new belt every year. It has paid for itself, it was zapped by a power surge, and cause what would have been 275 bux in damage.

I personally like the feel of the Horizon treadmills, but do like the the warranty of ICON products (nordictrack,proform,weslo).