I'm afraid my dear ASICS Kayano IX's are nearing the end. They're still great, but with the mileage on them I'm thinking they'll need to be replaced in a month or so. I'm kinda peeved that ASICS hasn't released a new model in a year, and there's only 2 color schemes and I don't like either. Looks aren't that important to me (I think the ones I have now are hideous), but if I could get a sweet looking shoe, why not?

So the question is really: Do I get another ugly shoe that I know will be awesome? Or should I try another shoe and risk being disappointed with its performance?

I've only run in ASICS, so I don't really know what else is worthwhile. First 2070's (they were decent) and then the Kayano's (awesome). Also, the Kayano's are like $130, more than most other shoes.

I say go with the same shoe. That's just me. I just bought the same exact pair of Asics that I originally bought this past summer. I didn't want to mess with getting a new pair of shoes that didn't "work" for me like my Asics did.

$130 is a little steep in price for me. However, if they work for you...great!

I'll admit, I look at the color of my shoes too. I don't know why I have to be so vain over a pair of running shoe...I just am. However, it all boiled down to what was best for my foot in the end.

Hey dude, I like the Kayano, I like Saucony's just the same. I use the 3D Hurricane 5, a stability shoe and the 6 is more cushioned and a bit more stable. Brooks and Mizuno are also others that I have had decent success with. These 3 have had a shoe to compete with the Kayano. I think most Mizunos are funky looking, the Kayanos and Koji's are funky looking with the wrong combo of colors. Asics has a page just for the Kay, it's past and the future. It's worth looking into.

Your've got to be pulling my leg Mech.
Always go with the one you know; shoes don't have to be pretty, just functional.

Stick with what you know and love! We (I work a whopping 8 hrs a week at the store I train with) got the new Kayanos early, and everyone who has worn them, loves them. We've already sold out. They're suppose to be released sometime this month. (they're orange!)

I recently picked up the Asics Kayano X and I freakin love them. By far the best shoe I have tried yet. A close second is my Adidas Supernova Cushion. I also bought a pair of Brooks Glycerine 2. I like them, nice and light but just dont feel as good as the Asics. I think I may just stay an Asics man. Its just that I love buying new running shoes! I need a second job now! I am picking up my new race shoes this week (Nike Zoom Elite). I know, I know.. Nike? I told the guy at the running store, "sorry I dont wear Nikes" He said just put them on and go run in them a bit. Wow! I cant wait to run the half marathon in them. less than 2 weeks and counting!!

I was excited when you said they were orange, but they barely have any orange at all on them. They're mostly white... which is just plain stupid. I guess they figure their shoes are good enough so that they don't have to waste money on making them look good?